IGNORED

Radio remote problem?

CA-RTman

Just picked up a '97 1100RT and it has the BMW stereo cassette in it with the romote on the bars. Can't seem to get the remote to adjust anything when the deck is on or the radio playing - any tips? Is there a fuse somewhere that might be keeping it from working? Looks like a factory install. Thanks!

Rich

Tried finding something on this and the closest I got was a manual for a R1150RT... and someone that performed an installation on a R1150RT...

From what I gather, the remote is a bit tricky anyway... but you want to make sure that the wires are connected properly with no build-up or oxidation of the copper...

You also might follow the wire to see if it is kinked/pinched anywhere that might break some of the wires inside it...

Other than that... I am afraid I am really not much use for this situation (or many others as folks here will point out)... and you probably have already thought of those things already... but hopefully that will get some thinking caps going...

I think that most folks ignore getting the BMW radio package because of how much it adds to the cost of the bike and how little it really has to offer in the long run... ie... there are better options out there for a much cheaper price...

which may also be why no one has spoken up yet...

Anyways... good luck with it...

Regards -

-Bob

I don't know about 97, I'm basing this on my 04.

Pull the L side tupperware. Down at the bottom of the radio box, there's a rubber grommet that all the radio wires pass through. Near that grommet you'll find several multi pin connectors. One is the radio control. Make sure they are all clean and connected.

I shipped my radio off to somebody so I can't go look at it.

Charles Elms

First, do you have the red pilot light illuminated on the remote? If not, then press the volume button on the radio. That is the off-on for the remote.

First, do you have the red pilot light illuminated on the remote? If not, then press the volume button on the radio. That is the off-on for the remote.

++1

I just had the same problem when I picked up my 96. Press the volume button before dong anything else.

Dean

Archived