IGNORED

Aux jack

tt408

I have a question. I just purchased a 05 R 1200RT I have the radio and CD player and I want to hook up my MP3 player and I can't find the aux input jack. Where the heck is the jack located?

The 05RT does not have an aux jack. You can add one with difficulty because you also have to add and amp. As your first post, why don't you introduce yourself and fill out your profile so we'll know a little about you. Welcome aboard

When I scroll though the menu on the radio there is an option for AUX. I assumed that was for an aux input. What is this for then? Sorry I have no manuals

The only manual I found was for a BMW radio for a R1150RT... but it does not have an AUX option... it does have an auto-store option for storing radio stations...

Funny thing... at the END of the manual there is a small blurb that says BMW recommends Castrol... and this was from 2001... )))

Alas... sorry that I am not of more assistance in this area... but I have to agree with John about the AUX based upon what I have found...

Regards -

-Bob

When I scroll though the menu on the radio there is an option for AUX. I assumed that was for an aux input. What is this for then? Sorry I have no manuals

Yea, that’s been an anomaly in some of the radios forever. But believe the others, there actually is no physical AUX port.

Archived