IGNORED

New Honda Lightweight Sport Tourer

EffBee

It does remind you of a swoopier Pacific Coast.

As an ex-PC owner, not necessarily a bad thing, although it lacks the PC's greatest feature: the trunk, with 70+ liters of capacity. Putting groceries in the side cases of the RT today reminded me of how convenient the top-loading trunk was. I read somewhere that the NT has a pass through between the side cases for long items -- not quite sure how that would work, what with a rear wheel that needs to move up and down.

The 'Baguette hole" is at the top-rear of the fixed side cases and is only a few inches across. You could fit a small tent in the hole.

Andy

"Baguette hole" -- I love it. So, the cases are not removable. Sort of the worst of both worlds; not as convenient to load as the PC trunk, but permanently attached, whether you need them or not. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh.

I like the NT700V! I saw it at the Dallas Int'l Motorcycle Show last weekend and its medium size and integrated luggage made me think of the Pacific Coast. I know the PC800 has its detractors because its deemed "ugly," but I'm not one of them.

I'm looking forward to them not selling well. That way, when the bottom falls out I can pick one up dirt cheap and proceed to thrash the hell out of it while racking up 100k+ commuting miles with nothing more than fluid changes and tires..........something that certainly can't be said for my BMW :P

I'm not overly thrilled with the looks. I also would prefer a integrated rear trunk Vs. side bags (I currently use my trunk every day and only add my side bags when traveling). In the end, if the ergos are right I think it would make one bad ass commuter/solo lightweight tourer.

I know beauty is all in the eye of the beholder! I think the bike looks pretty good. My biggest complaint asthetically is the muffler: It's dang ugly!

Archived