IGNORED

Vision X LED Driving Lights, Anyone?

Motors

Found these while exploring LED's as an alternative to HID or Halogen driving lights. According to their website graphs the LED's don't appear to shine very far down the road, however, they can produce some impressive lumens for their size and energy consumption. The bulbs also carry a lifetime warranty. Doesn't say if it's your lifetime or theirs.

Anyone have any motorcycle experience with these???

Thanks,

Motors

What are these? I'd like to see a LED with that kind of output.

LEDs are getting quite good, but I have a hard time believing they even compare to a HID or a decent Halogen for light output. As for life, you should know that every LED looses its light output as they age. Most dim to 80%. Plus, they die quite quickly if you do not cool them. A LED capable of the output of a HID would need a rather large aluminum finned heat sink or equivalent. Where would this kind of cooling fit on a motorcycle? Well, I guess it might be possible. But the cost must also be considered (third issue with LEDS).

Ah, I found them. They are 3Watt LEDs. Lots of them. To get big output, you need a big bar of them which also provides cooling. Too big for a motorcycle.

If made well, these things would be brutal for offroad use!

Archived