IGNORED

TomTom Rider 2 any good with Autocom?

Paul Szilard - Australia

Paul Szilard - Australia

The Rider 2 is way cheaper than the Zumo, but is it recommended, especially when trying to couple it withan Autocom, and a bluetooth phone (HTC Touchpro II)?

Thnx,

The rider might be cheaper than the Zumo, but do please consider the "whole of life" costs - especially with Garmin's Nuvi lifetime map update offer.

Paul Szilard - Australia
The rider might be cheaper than the Zumo, but do please consider the "whole of life" costs - especially with Garmin's Nuvi lifetime map update offer.

Not in this country, Dude! It's more like $180 per year :(

Any other comparisons?

I'm prejudiced so I can't really answer.

The only way to express myself is to say that I would buy my wife a Tom-Tom without hesitation because it is a perfectly satisfactory device. However I would not dream of buying one for myself - I prefer Garmin.

Paul Szilard - Australia

Well, I've had 4 Garmin (eMap, CS60, CS60x and 320) and 1 TomTom (930GO). I prefer the Garmin's PC maps, but prefer the TomTom for other features, however I don't have a Garmin product that is comparable to the TomTom - hence my question re Rider 2 vs Zumo 550.

Seems so far not a single factual comparison replies. :(

Paul In Australia

Hi Paul

if my research is correct, the Tomtom Rider2 is sold in Australia with a Scala Bluetooth device , as a package. Seems to be on the web searches I have conducted.

Therefore the package is not aimed at autocom use, but bluetooth connectivity as a primary use method.

Suggest you ask for a recommendation from:

1. autocom

2. Check the list of phone compatability with Tom TOM.

That would be the best source of accurate information.

regards

PCH

For residents in the UK and the USA, the best thing about Garmin compared to Tom-Tom is the thing that you can't touch - the generally superb after-sales service if it goes wrong.

Archived