IGNORED

Auto Com help...

RedHot

A friend of mine gave me an AutoCom - Active Rider (on the side is a label that says "kit 200 v 2.0 Active PLUS rider kit AUX1 power enabled). That's the only place it says Active Plus on it. (NOt sure if that matters). It's a new system, never been used. He got such a good deal on 1 that he bought 2 and gave me one.

What I need to know...

1) Will it work with the 2610 Garmin GPS

2) Will it work with Zumo 550

3) Is it better to get the Zumo 660

4) will it work with A (??) GPS, bike to bike, music AND phone?

I don't know what else to ask and I don't know who to ask. I noticed that Auto Com is not in the US (although I thought there were dealers here?).

So, I'm just looking for tips, hints, contact info. Whatever you guys can help me with, I would really appreciate!!!

Thanks!!

Tina

Tina, you have the same system as I have . . . in the SAME bike!!!

Yes, it will work with the 2610.

Yes, it will work with the 550.

The 660 has no XM. Your call but, for me, the 550 is a much better option.

Yes, yes, yes, yes!

LINKY

Autocom IS in the US. They went through a distributor change and, as a result, there was a hiccup in supply, support, etc. but that is coming back on line.

I will get my information for you on all the cabling I used and post it once you indicate which direction you are going with the accessories you will be using.

BE ADVISED!!!!!!! ONLY plug a 4 pole cable into Aux. 1 Your unit has Aux. 1 power enabled and it can ruin the unit or the accessory if you plug anything other than a 4 pole cable in to Aux. 1.

that's so cool, Phil! Thank you very much for your help!!!

Someone sent me the number for Auto Com and I called them. They were VERY helpful!!! I'm all set. Need to order a couple of extra wires and then get that baby installed!!!

Dang, I'm excited!!! :clap:

Someone sent me the number for Auto Com and I called them. They were VERY helpful!!!

+1

Very motivated and very helpful folks...

Got me squared away in just a matter of a couple days with a replacement for a worn-out 7-pin helmet lead wire that was shorting out; plug and play...

Archived