IGNORED

Ordering tires in Canada?

Ken H.

In light of newly discovered (to me) policy on shipping to Canada by CompititionAccessories.com related in my other recent thread, I’m looking for a new place to order tires (or should I say tyres :D ) in/into Canada. What do my fellow north of the 49th’ers do?

I used to order tyres from Florida when I had my Goldwing, shipping was pricey.

I can get a rear PR2 for the RT for $216.00 in Edmonton, which I think is a reasonable price.

Ken - have a look at the prices at www.petes-superbikes.com

Not sure if they have on-line prices but GP Bikes a good source (according to a biking buddy) as well.

Tried to buy in U.S. but got frustrated with shipping issues as well. I'm sure there are U.S. suppliers out there who will ship reasonably but I didn't have the time or energy to research it.

You'll need a set of snow tires too. :grin:

I’m looking for a new place to order tires (or should I say tyres :D ) in/into Canada.

No you shouldn't, Ken. We call them tires :grin: It's the Brits, and no doubt the Aussies, who call (spell) them tyres.

Hey Ken:

I can only say two things about bringing tires into Canada and both will probably make you wince.

J.C.Whitney.

Shinko.

They get a set to my door in about 3 days in a nice box and absolutely no hassles with customs, shipping etc.

I have actually been pretty pleased with the tires and have received my second set from them although I haven't mounted the second set yet. The first ones are wearing a little better than I anticipated. You probably don't want the Raven Radials for your GS but perhaps they have a fittment for your application too.

Good Luck!

If you're not in a big hurry and know some snowbirds wintering down south - have the tires shipped to them and they'll bring them back in the Spring duty-free.

I think that pretty much any motorcycle-related goods are duty-free these days no matter whether you were out of the country, or not. Taxes, now that's something else.

In light of newly discovered (to me) policy on shipping to Canada by CompititionAccessories.com related in my other recent thread, I’m looking for a new place to order tires (or should I say tyres :D ) in/into Canada. What do my fellow north of the 49th’ers do?

Ken, I get my 2-3 sets a year from the Motorcyclesuperstore in Oregon. They ship free to my US Address and I pay tax to bring them across. This wouldn't work for you but I could get them for you and ship but the cost of shipping would bring the price back up close to what you'd pay in Edmonton. My local honda dealer came very close to my overall US tire/mounting cost this spring getting/mounting me a set of Bridgestone BT 20's for $370 Cash. Maybe you can find someone there to get you a 'cash' deal or get some tires here?

I put on PR2's for the UN and they are still going strong. Much impressed with these tires.

07 1200Gt

Archived