IGNORED

[b]Zumo 550 stopped running[/b]

Mike05

My Zumo 550 just quit in the middle of recognizing a transferred route & saving it. Screen simply went blank. Push the on button, still nothing. Put it on both a wall charger and the bike (half hour ride); still nothing.

Any ideas? Is there a reset button? Fuze? Internal battery?

All suggestions appreciated.

Pull the battery out under the back center cover. You will need an allen wrench ( I don't know the size). Wait one minute and then replace it. GOOD chance that it will restart! BTDT! ALWAYS carry that wrench with you!

Henry

Pull the battery out under the back center cover. You will need an allen wrench ( I don't know the size). Wait one minute and then replace it. GOOD chance that it will restart! BTDT! ALWAYS carry that wrench with you!

Henry

:thumbsup: Good advice!!

Did exactly that; pulled the battery (used #2 Metric Allen Wrench: added to "traveling" bag) & (eventually) back in business.

In my case I pulled the battery & after the reinstall it still didn't work, so I removed the battery again & connected the GPS to the computer. It immediately powered up (sans battery), at which point I reloaded the battery. Everything hunky-dory from then on!

Good advice on the ZUMO FORUM also; they offered some alternative ideas too.

mine did too yesterday. I found a reset trick on the zumo forum. Push the power and the + buttons at the same time. It worked.

But the unit still isn't powered by the cradle. It'll run on battery but not the cradle. I'm gonna wait till I get home and test it on the car cradle and then see if I need to get a new cradle. Big trip coming up in three weeks.

mike

Archived