IGNORED

Another Tank Bag Question

Rotor

I’ve been using the BMW tank bag for my R12RT but it’s a little too big. I’m looking for a smaller bag that I can also attach to the factory mount; just something to store a small can of Plexus, camera and other misc items. I have bar-backs on the bike; and, even with the BMW bag and its narrowed nose I find that turning hard left often allows the ESA button to contact the bag and unknowingly change my suspension setting.

Has anyone found something of a medium size that can be made to fit the BMW mount and not hit the bars? I’ve been looking at the Nelson Rigg CL25 but I’m concerned it’s too wide in the front. Whatever it is I need it quick – trip in three weeks.

I’d appreciate whatever suggestions you may have as I’ve been looking for a while now and I'm almost resigned to having a bag custom built - after the trip.

John, call Mark at Big Mac (see link below).. He makes very good customs tank bags at a decent price..

If you can come up with a 1200RT base he can furnish you a very nice smaller everyday use tank bag that fist on the RT removable base..

If you are interested in going this way give me an E-Mail & I will send you some pictures of my custom made bag on the 1200 RT (great little bag that FULLY clears the handlebar controls & fits nicely on the RT removable base)..

http://www.bigmakaccess.com/home.html

Twisty

DaveRT,

Thanks. I'll take a look again. While I don't specifically recall that particular bag, I have looked extensively at the more common vendors - primarily looking at the measurement specifications. I've probably seen it but I'll go back and check just in case.

Like the way you have mounted the gps system on your bike. Am looking to fit a gps on mine.What make is that one and how is it mounted on your bike?

GARLEE 08 r1200rtse

Have not had the problems you mentioned with the bmw tankbag,doesnt seem to interfere with the controls on the bike going from lock to lock even when fully expanded

That is their setup,not mine.

They offer a variety of eletrified tankbag setups including full

comm systems and GPS,in addition to their basic tankbags.

The GPS shown in the pics in one of the above posts,as well as on the RKA site is a Garmin Zumo.

JR356

Dave: How far did the bars have to turn before they gave you trouble with the large Tourtech bag

http://tinyurl.com/yfg6kwe

impinging on the controls? I was going to use my old RKA bag on the hexhead RT but the clearance to the bars is very, very small. The large Tourtech looked like a good option but maybe not.

Dave: How far did the bars have to turn before they gave you trouble with the large Tourtech bag

http://tinyurl.com/yfg6kwe

impinging on the controls? I was going to use my old RKA bag on the hexhead RT but the clearance to the bars is very, very small. The large Tourtech looked like a good option but maybe not.

With the large bag, the horn would blow when almost to lock. With the smaller bag, there is no problem.

Archived