IGNORED

The S1000RR, up close and personal

bmweerman

Had a chance to see the new S1000RR up close and personal at the Sandia/Santa Fe BMW track day yesterday, meet the factory rider, and watch it tear up the track....AWESOME!!!

Thought I would share a few pix.

670941709_rfS5K-M.jpg

670943527_jiTVk-M.jpg

670943074_fCuwM-M.jpg

670940803_4PBvk-M.jpg

670985789_Mpfcb-M.jpg

671026852_ipKtu-M.jpg

Tried to get a pix of it in action, but it was just too dang fast and I did not have the glass or the shutter speed to get a clear shot, just a lot of black blurs... :grin:

russell_bynum

Nice.

I've been impressed with how well the bike has been doing in World Superbike racing. They don't have the pace of the new Aprilia, but they're definitely up there...and honestly I think a bunch of the Aprilia's success is because they got Max behind the bubble. Not to take anything away from Corser and Xaus, but neither one of them is Max Biaggi.

Rumors are that (if we still have an American Superbike series next year) BMW and Aprilia will both be on the grid.

I bought 3 tickets for a chance to win one from Bob's BMW. (I hope I win, I hope I win, I hope I win - fingers crossed and lucky rabbit's foot out of storage.

The donation benefits the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

1offmotorsports

The rider is who we interviewed when we got video of the bike : ) Looks like he was out having a little fun. Here is the thread of the bike/rider that we made earlier this week.

Mod Edit: Link not working

Fantastic motorcycle but both the headlights and exhaust look like they were designed by a committee. For me, both ruin the looks.

russell_bynum
Fantastic motorcycle but both the headlights and exhaust look like they were designed by a committee. For me, both ruin the looks.

It's a race bike...headlights are only there so that it can be street legal and aren't meant to stay. Likewise the exhaust.

I think it looks purposeful and pretty good overall. It looks to be a ton of performance for the money.

ShovelStrokeEd

Anyone else notice a strong resemblance to the Aprilia? Especially the swing arm and headlight configuration.

lawnchairboy

You won't win, I am sure I have the winning ticket!!! :wave:

Don't know what my insurance company would say but I would love to find out

russell_bynum
Anyone else notice a strong resemblance to the Aprilia? Especially the swing arm and headlight configuration.

Yup.

Firefight911

Yup.

Yup yup!!

Archived