IGNORED

Bar " ups " not bar " Backs " 1150 RT

pjw73nh

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a product that would raise the bars UP but not BACK on an 1150RT, I've got another thread here that has some background info. I was just wondering where I only need them to go up for about 3/4 to an inch, it might be better to NOT go back with them. I really just want to clear the rear view mirror vision of the grips, lever, hand glove etc.

I would think they would be easily made with some aluminum stock, drilled to the bolt pattern, and then angled to the compliment of the rake.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks..

Joe Frickin' Friday

Solution:

1. Buy the Mototechniques barbacks.

2. Discard the bolts that come with it.

3. Buy longer bolts; take some measurements to figure out the required length (see step 4). If you can't find what you're looking for in a hardware store, see www.mcmaster.com.

4. Instead of bolting your bars to the barbacks (and bolting the barbacks to the triple-tree), use the extra-long bolts to fasten your bars to the triple-tree using the barback as a simple spacer.

Because of the angle of the triple-tree this won't give the bars a purely vertical offset, but it'll be pretty close; you will at least have eliminated the 3/4" rearward/downward offset that would be imparted by using the threaded holes in the barbacks.

Optional: keep the bolts you discarded in step 2, and use them to try the barbacks in their designed configuration. You might like the straight-up configuration better, but this way you'll know for sure.

Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your quick replies. Will be trying them in the order in which they were received. Thanks.

Paul.../NH

Archived