IGNORED

ELF Pegs

Vicious_Cycler

Vicious_Cycler

I just installed a pair of ELF pegs on my RT. I like them alot but am having trouble determining the safest, smoothest, nonspastic method of deploying them. I haven't been able to toe them out from the closed position w/ a boot. I have been reaching down w/ my hand to flip them out enough to toe them into position. This is accompanied by wobbling and a generalized appearance of incompetence. What's the trick ( I've ruled out flip flops)?

I use the heel on my boots while riding. I have the single spark Elf Pegs (1100), I know they are shaped a little different than yours, but give that a try anyways...

Eric the Blue

I have 'em on my 1200rt and have experimented with different deployment methods. Ultimately, nothing works better than my hand and a bit of concentration. (After previewing this post I realize you can probably insert your own joke here...)

As a side note, I find them much more comfortable with my new Russell Day Long saddle than I did with the stock seat. The new riding position has changed the angle of my legs enough where these are really comfortable.

--Eric

Archived