IGNORED

Width comparison betw Alpinestars or Oxtar boots?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Lookinf for a decent waterproof boot for our winter season. Yes, I did a search here. There is a fellow selling a used pair of Alpinestars and Oxtars. Near as I can tell, Oxtar (of whatever they are called these days) tend to run Medium to Wide widths. I can't find much on the relative widths of the Alpinestars. I found that my old BMW Goretex pair to be waterproof, but I killed them after 9 years. At the moment I use a Sidi boot, but it's not waterproof and I'd like to get a pair that does not have the calf elastic at the top.

Oxtar are generally wider than A-Stars, but tend to narrow quickly on the toes. FWIR Oxtar are simpler and better quality, but it may have changed.

Sidi have a semi-offroad looking boot thats supposed to be waterproof, but I use the BM Santiago boots and love 'em.

Oxtar are generally wider than A-Stars, but tend to narrow quickly on the toes. FWIR Oxtar are simpler and better quality, but it may have changed.

Sidi have a semi-offroad looking boot thats supposed to be waterproof, but I use the BM Santiago boots and love 'em.

+1

I tried on both brands when I was shopping. I wear a 13 and have pretty wide feet. The Apinestars didn't work for me. Even the Oxtars felt a little pinchy in the toe area. I went with the Oxtars, added a pair of gel insoles and have since had ~50k miles of happy motoring with them. The toe area stretched out once they were broken in a little bit. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Sidi On-Road. Pricey but nearly perfect. Wide enough and they don't cramp your toes.

I've ridden through a 7 hour maelstrom in mine and my feet were warm and dry.

www.newenough.com did have some closeouts from the 2008 model available a little while ago.

Linz :)

Haven't tried Alpinestars but I had a hard time with Oxtar matrix boots because of the narrow toe box. Caused me to cramp up after a couple hours. A while back I replaced them with a pair of RevIt Fusions for long days - they were wider for sure and really comfy for long trips. I run Sidi Vertigos now; they also feel a bit wider than the Oxtars did.

I have medium width feet, and TCX (formerly Oxtar) fits me well. I typically wear an 11D or an 11 medium in USA sizes, and TCX's 45 fits great. I have no experience with Alpinestars.

I just bought a new pair of TCX X-Five boots (formerly the Oxtar Matrix) last month, and I'm pleased to say they're still a superb boot. :thumbsup:

Archived