IGNORED

?Kathy's R1200RT bags too small?

VinnyR11

I just received Kathy's side bag liners for my new R1200RT. As usual the quality looks great, but unlike the Kathy's bags for my R1100RT, these seem to be a bit undersized for the bags. There are a lot of nooks and cranny's left out in the wind, and every inch counts big time when touring with my wife.

Has anyone else found this to be the case? They just don't seem as well designed as my prior bags from the same manufacturer.

If there are other bags that fit like a glove, I would return my Kathy's bags, so if you know of any please post. Thanks.

I had the BMW liners and was amazed at the quality. They fit very will and completely filled the cavity. They hold their shape even when empty which really helps when loading your stuff in them. I know they are pricey but well worth it IMO.

I have both the Kathy's and the BMW liners for my 12RT. I ought to sell one set but can't decide which I prefer. The BMW's shape retention feature is the main difference, and it's both a help and a hindrance sometimes. I haven't noticed any shape/size/design issues with the Kathy's although I don't think I've ever really had to load them to the max. With the Kathy's I can jam a jacket or a sandwich into the case without having to open the liner bag (due to the bag's flexibility). With the semi-rigid BMW liners I have to pack more deliberately.

Archived