IGNORED

City Lids For R1200RT???

Motors

see marbleservices.com. they are $295 for a set. I have seen them and, while they do the job, they are really cheesy and cheap looking. its all personal taste but I wouldn't put them on my bike.

I have these lids. So far these crappy, overpriced lids are the only city lids available by the aftermarket. There are no BMW city lids.

I did a review of them some time ago here:

REVIEW - City Lids for R1200ST/RT/R

To add my longer term impressions... I really like the city lids functionally for both lane splitting and on 3-4 day trips. When I go on a trip we are traveling from one hotel to another all around the state hitting the best roads as we go and so have to ride the fun roads with full bags. I have found that using the two side bags with the much lighter weight city lids with *no* top case makes for a significant improvement in handling.

As to their lack of sealing, I always pack my clothes and such in a plastic bag to keep out exhaust fumes and dust so it doesnt really matter. It would be nice if BMW would make their own city lids, but I bet they would be heavier and a lot more expensive. $330 is the cheapest I have ever heard of these lids selling for.

JT

Archived