IGNORED

risers for my 02 r1150rt

tommyk

I'm a new rider and I am finding that my hands fall asleep alot on rides more than 10 miles. Would risers help this and also, is there a way to move the bars out/forward? thanks in advance.

Tommy

There are varous ways (spacer blocks, adjustable handlebars) to move the handlebars but some involve lengthening brake lines etc. That can get expensive. If your hands are falling asleep that fast you are probably gripping too hard. With just a light grip you can do all you need to do on a road bike. A light handshake grip is the best I can describe it. Imagine you are shaking hands with an elderly woman. You might try gel gloves too! I grip too hard also (but not as hard as you do) and I have to constantly remind myself to lighten up on multiday rides. It is also possible that your bike is shaking too hard from poor maintenance?? Usually people want to move the bars back not forward????

I apperciate all the help. I do grip too hard for sure. I will try and lighten up. There is no vibration that I have noticed. The same day I bought the bike, last week, I took it to the bwm dealer and looked at tip to tail. they said it was all good. Thanks again for all your help.

Archived