IGNORED

fog lights

wsg112

I have a pair of 1100X PIAA's under the oil cooler on my r1200rt. I'd like to mount a pair of fog lights down on the front forks but seem to be having a hard time finding some small enough. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a reasonably priced fog light that would be 50mm (2") in diameter and use an H3 bulb?

I have the same setup on my 2004 RT. For fogs, I made my own brackets and mounted a set of Hella Micro DE fogs on the fork legs, utilizing the unused boss on the forks which was used on the R1100RT for fender mounting. It looks like this

hellamounted.jpg

Here is a visual

hellaon.jpg

In retrospect, the fogs cost about $70 on Ebay, but a good deal of time went into fabricating my own brackets. The end result is nice and has never failed me, but a product like Motolites https://www.motolight.com/ looks like it came from the factory, by comparison. Why not consider those?

Here's a picture of an R1200RT with Motolites from my 2007 Jim Ford Zen Motorcycling course. The bike (a fellow student's) is surrounded by yet more fellow students. That was a fun weekend!!

mkl104.jpg

-MKL

Archived