IGNORED

Upgrade from Cellphone

Highway41

Need recommendations on what my next communication gadget will be.

I want a qwerty keyboard, wifi, weather radar, and long battery life. The Zumo will take care of GPS.

Ideas.....

Bill

John Ranalletta

IMO, "long battery life" knocks out the iPhone.

Kinda' wish I'd waited for the Palm Pre, but there's lot's of new stuff to consider.

IMO, "long battery life" knocks out the iPhone.

That knocks out the BlackBerry Tour too. It's a great phone w/a QWERTY keyboard and it links in w/the BMW Nav III, but I have to charge the damn thing every day.

One of these Nokia N900s may be my next phone, depending on how it performs on T-Mobile. I'm tired of playing cat and mouse with Apple over how I want to use my iPhone.

I can recharge my old Nokia from the bike, as I ride down the road.

I am sure you can with the newer phones, or get a solar charger and strap to the back seat.

Wait for the new Droid from Verizon.

That's what I've got my eye on. I love the "iDon't" commercial.

When your travelin' it's the network and access. One of those gotta haves- from what I have seen, Verizon is it.

Bob

One of these Nokia N900s may be my next phone . . .

$649. Yikes. Don't overlook the HTCs.

I'll have to see how Android shakes out; I'd rather get a poke in the eye with a sharp stick than go back to any flavor of Windows handset.

$650 is the unsubsidized price- there's rumors on the internets that TMo may carry it.

All this is well and good, but I can't spend money on any of it right now. I've got a BMW going into the shop :cry:

The Nokia got dealyed again and I don't put a big bet on it being the first on that platform.

Unsubsidized price is the real one. Sadly enough the carriers do not give us a break on their price which includes the subsidy we do not need!!

The Nokia's I cannot ge tto work on my BMW cars, do not know why but I am frustrated.

I would if switching from Nokia 71 today go to an Iphone...

But I am not yet...

Archived