IGNORED

New TPS?

farmerp

My bet is that it won't work on most modern BMWs due to the front wheel valve stem being at a right angle, out of the spoke.

The screw on fitting would interfere and I am not sure how you would go about affixing it internally, even if that were an option.

My bet is that it won't work on most modern BMWs due to the front wheel valve stem being at a right angle, out of the spoke.

The screw on fitting would interfere and I am not sure how you would go about affixing it internally, even if that were an option.

We'll find out. I just ordered one for my GSA. I have right angle billet valves on it and my understanding of how it works, the angle shouldn't make any difference as long as you can screw it on tight. I'll post a review.

I also just read another independent review that was very positive.

Spoked wheels with a valve in the center, such as yours, even with a right angle valve stem are probably a non issue. The issue may come with cast wheels and clearance for either the unit to screw on and/or clearance from the calipers.

Looking forward to your report. It is a product of interest to me as my GT and GS do not have TPS.

I've never been a big fan of screw-on TPMS. In order for the screw-on cap to sense tire pressure, it has to depress the valve core inside the valve stem. The cap, not the valve core, is then holding in the pressure. And the extra mass of the cap can put significant extra stress on the stem, especially if the stem doesn't point straight in toward the wheel hub.

Archived