IGNORED

Looking for Tour Master Solution Boot Reviews

brianbmw

I've had mine for several years now and I'm quite happy with them. I've never had any problem with water although that's, no doubt, partially due to the good foot protection on the RT. When I first bought them they seemed a tad large (I bought online so no try on), but after adding a cushioned insole they were fine. In fact I like the insole so much I'll probably size like that in the future. It adds some extra padding so the peg's not putting pressure on my feet and the insulation factor helps with road heat in the summer. For my next pair I will strongly consider the Solution boots again. As with Tourmaster in general, it's hard to beat them for the price.

Sorry to reply to myself but visa vis your main question, the soles are bonded to the rest of the boot so there's no seam. Unless there's a physical break in the bond I don't see how water could enter that way. (By the way, I don't generally "memorize" my gear to this extent but I happen to be looking at them under my desk right now). :grin:

I love them! I just bought a second set of them from new enough.

I have only had issues with water intrusion when I have had rain pants ride up or something like that.

Wicking socks are amazingly effective at wicking water INTO your boots as well as out of them!

Brian, I had a pair for a few years and they were great and very waterproof. The issue I had with them was that the soles wore pretty fast. I now have SIDI boots that have much better soles (maybe souls too!)

Very waterproof, but yes the soles wear quickly. I think the soles do not have good grip on certain surfaces like my garage floor which is fairly smooth.

I've had my Solution boots now for a year, I like them, and great price, bought them at BMW of North Dallas, so far, no wet feet, and I see no problem with sole wear.

We got caught in the downpours heading to Indy for the MotoGP, and it really put my pair to the test. Left boot dry as a bone, right boot slight leakage, possibly through the shifter pad stitching. Nothing major, considering the amount of water that was thrown at them. Too new to rate sole wear. Still consider them to be an excellent choice.

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

re; right boot slight leakage, possibly through the shifter pad stitching

or possibly you have your boots on the wrong feet? :S:grin:

They are my first 'real' street boot, so I can't comment with any real experience... Been wearing a pair for years now. Completely waterproof - even in the worst of weather. Coming back from Grand Rapids last Spring, I was riding through water above the bottom of the boots. Also, they are very comfortable off the bike - like when you hike up to Clingman's Dome while tooling through the Smokey Mountains. Another advantage is that they do not draw attention like some cycle boots, and they are a terrific value - as always... shop around for best price.

I'm on my second pair. Good waterproof boots. Great value. They break in fairly easily. I really like 'em.

I jumped on these when they first came out. They were orininally labeled as Cortech boots (upscale Tourmaster line). Now they are 'just' Tourmaster (with significant improvements actually). Both pairs have seen day-long rain without a leak.

Waterproof... But the sole is soft rubber and wore pretty quickly. My recommendation would be to use them for riding only and carry along a separate pair of walking shoes.

I've still got 'em but added a new pair of Sidi Canyons. A bit beefier in construction, waterproof and sturdy enough to be used for light trail riding (although I don't have any experience with that).

Mike O

Archived