IGNORED

R 1200 RT Tank Bag

Richard_G

I purchased the BMW tank bag new with my bike. The clear plastic has already completely deterioated and I was never crazy about the bag except for the locking system. Has anyone replaced the bag with another brand but permanently mounted it to the existing locking mount?

If you want something smaller, I use the Touratech flat top bag. The mounting system they have does not utilize the rack, but is perfectly satisfactory. Easy to get off to fill up with gas.

I would imagine that the shape of it would be suitable to put the BMW mounting system on it. That would be a great combination.

Yep, I mounted a Wolfman Explorer bag on the BMW mounting plate. It would great and was a far surperior bag IMHO.

209620102_DHSEF-L.jpg

Is BMW selling the mounting plate with out the bag? Can't see buying the whole thing just to take off the bag and mount a different one on.

Is BMW selling the mounting plate with out the bag?

No. Richard G does not mention his bike or its age in his profile, but the bag might still be under warranty.

Jay

Is BMW selling the mounting plate with out the bag?

No. Richard G does not mention his bike or its age in his profile, but the bag might still be under warranty.

Jay

4 weeks ago I bought a new BMW tankbag for my RT, and the parts guy said it has a new part number. I wonder if they made any changes to the clear plastic, or is it normal to change p/n's?

Archived