IGNORED

Nolan n-com price: too good to be true?

Allen Rowand

Just saw a listing for an e-box bluetooth 2 kit for $125 from a reputable outfit; should I jump on it? There's an n-103 in my future, and I wouldn't mind saving on the comm setup. Any reason to think there's a new system on the horizon?

Thanks,

Allen

I'm going to call the store when they open in an hour; if they confirm the price, I'll order mine and post the link. There's only a few at this price, so I'd like to get mine before I pass on the link. Either way, I'll post here soon.

Finally got an answer; stand down :mad:

They posted the description and picture of the Bluetooth E-Box, but the actual item for sale was the Intercom E-Box. This was sold by Powersport Superstore and listed on Amazon.

Powersport Superstore is selling it for $182 on their site, which is still one of the better prices I've seen. Gah!

• 1 month later...

Hi..new member today with '09 RT and looking at Nolan bluetooth to put in my N103. Looking for feedback from folks actually using one. I'm putting on a Navigator IV this week to synch to.

I've been using the bluetooth on my N103 for a couple months. It works well when it works. I have had some problems with the sync with the Nav III. A couple times I needed to pull over and re-do the connection. You have to hold down the power button for about 12 seconds to put it in discovery mode and it isn't easy to do on the fly. The other concern is that you need to charge the thing quite often. I mainly wanted it for use with my bluetooth cell phone and that has worked great.

Im using an N103 with the bluetooth2 kit privatly, and I use a BMW helmet V with the BMW bluetooth module at work, so I have some expirience with the sets.

I really like the Nolan module, it has worked flawlessly. I use it either with the music cord connected to an mp3 player and a nokia 5500 or connected to a Zumo 550.

Battery life is a tad short, If I don't charge it after a day of use it will die the next day. Beside that no issues.

HTH, Daniël

Archived