IGNORED

Geza Gear Cust Svc is Bad

Rob F.

I thought these covers were the best until after 20 mos. mine tore apart like tissue paper (contrary to what they say about the quality). It tooks weeks to get a return authorization from them and now it has been two months ago and still no cover.

Hi Rob,

I hope to clarify.

Geza holds account records for one year. They are then archived and stored in another building.

Your order was placed over two years ago and without your original receipt we then need to locate your account.

We issued you a Warranty Authorization Number on September 9. You returned your cover to us which we received on September 21.

Depending on the nature of the repair, warranty work takes 4-6 weeks.

Contrary to what you wrote, your cover did not tear apart like tissue paper. The cover you returned was in excellent new condition except for a tear in the top rear section. There was no thinning in the material except in the area where the tear occurred.

You spoke with one of our reps and advised him that you had also treated your cover with an REI UV spray treatment. Many spray treatments can be harmful to the material. This most likely contributed to the thinning and weakening effect we noticed on the rear section of the cover, which then contributed to the tear. But, it is still completely repairable.

Your Geza Cover, particularly the higher Series, already come properly treated and any additional treatments are not necessary and may be detrimental. If you feel you need to add anything extra to the fabric, please contact us first so we can make sure what you apply is beneficial and will not damage the material.

As is our policy, we can either repair your original cover, or build you a brand new cover with an upgrade in material, you just pay the price difference.

Your new upgraded cover was completed within 6 weeks.

We thank you for your business and look forward to the years of good service your new Geza Cover will provide you.

Please keep in touch.

Best Regards,

Alex Lowe

Customer Support

Geza Gear Inc.

Rob,

Sorry for your bad experience.

My Geza cover has withstood hundreds (if not thousands) of miles covering my bike in the back of my pickup as I haul it out of snow country to go riding. It has survived 70MPH speeds with 40 MPH crosswinds, driving rain, snow, etc. and is still in great shape.

Not connected in any way with the company. Just a happy customer!

Probably a decent product, but 6 weeks is excessive turn around time, for warranty or non-warranty work.

Geza holds account records for one year. They are then archived and stored in another building.

What ever happened to archiving records on computer? You mean you actually have to visit a separate building for records to retrieve paper documents to verify a purchase? Sounds like a stalling excuse to me.

Nothing but good experiences in both purchases from Geza Gear, the first back in 2000 for my CBR1100 and again this past Spring for the R11S... The '00 cover was still in great shape when I sold it in January.

Communicated by email for routine / no-hurry things and phone when email would not be the most efficient way to address questions.

3338745464_2d56ba299d_b.jpg

Even if you archive records on the computer, it is still a good practice to store them off-site. It is part of disaster recovery.

Sure, I agree with archiving. But every company I've dealt with in the past few years (for bike stuff) has pulled my history right up instantly in the computer when it was needed. Sometimes 3 or 4 years later. No need to run next door to another warehouse to retrieve records. That excuse worked great 30 years ago but is just pure nonsense today.

Regardless, after reading their warranty page, and based on the customers admission, he may have voided his warranty.

The fact they are still trying to resolve the problem is a plus IMO.

I'd say their customer service is good.

Hi BobbyBob,

Here are some answers to your questions.

No stalling, no nonsense, just good old fashioned roll up your sleeves get to work and build the best product you can.

As for the time-frame, we are not a fast food builder. Geza Covers are custom made, built per customer based on their exact bike, year, make and model and any accessories they may have. We do not pre-build nor stock any covers. All of our fabrics and materials, which are all made by us, are made in small batch orders to tightly control quality. Nothing is pre-produced in huge volumes sitting in a warehouse waiting for an order. No cover is pre-built and pre-packaged overseas and shipped to us via cargo container.

Every cover that is ordered is precisely designed on our CAD system, precisely cut on our Gerber, and hand sewn. After construction, the cover goes through an eight point inspection process which not only includes going over every inch of the cover, material, thread and stitching tension, but also includes reviewing the original order and making sure it corresponds exactly with the cover pattern. If it passes, it gets signed off and sent to shipping.

When you order a Geza Cover (made in the USA) and choose the level of material you require, you will receive a perfectly fitting high performance product that is properly tuned for your needs and the environment you will be using it in. Of course, to achieve this level of build quality, one other component necessary is of course TIME.

However, if you are in a time constraint and need a RUSH build, we can accommodate your delivery time schedule!

Regarding our archived accounts, our customers’ information and everything else that goes along with their order is secure, off site, in an unknown location, deep in an underground bunker. To reach it requires, some driving, hiking by moonlight, crossing a fjord, and tunneling ;-). I am quite sure they did not do this even 30 years ago, but we feel our customers’ security is worth it and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Lastly, our customer’s warranty had lapsed, based on what the warranty was at the time of purchase, but we still took care of his cover. It’s what we do.

Best Regards,

Alex Lowe

Customer Support

Geza Gear Inc.

I have the same cover that TandemGeek has. It was originally purchased about eight years ago to cover a Ducati 900SS. Now I stretch it over my R1200ST. There are a couple thousand trailer miles on it. Still looks great!! I'd buy another in a heart beat.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Sounds reasonable. If one place burns down, they have at least, the other record. We do that too but hold ours for at least 10 years due to gummint requirements.

I think I'll start saving some pennies up. Saw one at Laguna Seca and liked it.

Archived