IGNORED

Treading on thin.........

Rob L

Tires! I have 9000 miles on my Roadsmarts and feel the need to order new ones. I have used swmototires in the past. Reasonable prices, free delivery, fast service. Does anyone have other suggestions for online tire ordering?

Thanks, Rob

Yes, emototires.com. They are just down the street from SWmototires but their prices are better and you will be supporting a BMW dealer (Iron Horse BMW in Tucson). SWmototires sold to the local Honda dealer and prices have gone up. Try emototores.com, they're one of the best.

www.motorcycle-superstore.com has good prices on tires most of the time,,Free shipping,,,,Im running Michelin Pilot Power 2CT on the front and a PR2 on the rear of my 1200RT ,,They sticks to the road like glue,,,,Great combo

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

i just bought a Shinko Raven 900 from Bike Bandit. Was at the door (Rochester NY) in 48 hours. The price a mere 89 USD.

tire seems great but i'm not much of a judge. longevity? too soon to say. however googled around prior to purchase and many folks had good things to say.

Yes, emototires.com. They are just down the street from SWmototires but their prices are better and you will be supporting a BMW dealer (Iron Horse BMW in Tucson). SWmototires sold to the local Honda dealer and prices have gone up. Try emototores.com, they're one of the best.

Yes, the mantle has been passed. The last few times I checked e-mototires was cheaper than Swmoto. In fact several places were cheaper than SWmoto.

I had used SW Moto Tires for several years but ordered from another "great prices" distributor when SW Moto changed ownership.

Really doesn't matter why, but I ended up unhappy with my choice.

Next set, I retried SW Moto. Had a lot of difficulty with their new web site so I emailed "Eric" & requested specific tires I couldn't find on my own. He responded immediately & invited me to give him a call.

I did exactly that, ordering via the phone. During the process he both apologized for the web site difficulty (since fixed I'm told) and, upon hearing the best price I had been quoted, matched it on the spot. Said that was their policy; would meet a competitors price.

Tires arrived two days later. I'm back to using SW Moto. YMMV

www.motorcycle-superstore.com has good prices on tires most of the time,,Free shipping,,,,Im running Michelin Pilot Power 2CT on the front and a PR2 on the rear of my 1200RT ,,They sticks to the road like glue,,,,Great combo

I'd be interested in what happens to that front pilot power!

I'll tell you why...

When I bought my used RT the dealer said they would fit new tyres and I asked for a PR2 rear & a Pilot Sport front as I used to get 9~10,000 miles out of that combination and the front tyre would wear perfectly even all the way to the 1mm marker.

Unfortunatly they fitted a pilot power, at 4000 miles it was wearing/cupping, at 5k I had the bars ocilating and vibration through the bike (did'nt figure out the vibes through the bike was the front tyre until I changed it) I took the power off at 6k and I've never seen a tyre so badly mishapen due to odd wear.

I've fitted my favorite Pilot sport back on the front now, ahh... bliss.

I'd be interested in what happens to that front pilot power!

I'll tell you why...

When I bought my used RT the dealer said they would fit new tyres and I asked for a PR2 rear & a Pilot Sport front as I used to get 9~10,000 miles out of that combination and the front tyre would wear perfectly even all the way to the 1mm marker.

Unfortunatly they fitted a pilot power, at 4000 miles it was wearing/cupping, at 5k I had the bars ocilating and vibration through the bike (did'nt figure out the vibes through the bike was the front tyre until I changed it) I took the power off at 6k and I've never seen a tyre so badly mishapen due to odd wear.

I've fitted my favorite Pilot sport back on the front now, ahh... bliss.

Im lucky if I get 5 to 6 K out of a set of tires,,I guess I ride a little hard,,I keep my front tire at 40psi,Rear at 44PSI,,So I dont get a lot of cupping,,First time I have run this combo,So well see....

Archived