IGNORED

Cee Bailey Screen and Other Stuff

Lets_Play_Two

Lets_Play_Two

I was riding Saturday in some pretty strong winds and had my +3" CB screen up slightly. It as flexing pretty good and I was in a hurry to get on down the rode. Suddenly there was about a 2" long crack inward from the top left mounting hole. Time for a new screen. I have read most of the threads on windscreens and people seem to be happy with the CB screen. I was looking at the Ztechnik and wondered if there is any more anecdotal evidence on this screen?

As an aside. On Friday on my way home from what for me qualifies as work, the GT just shut down two times as I downshifted for stoplights. The restart was quick but rough. When I got home it shut down again so I let it sit for about 10 minutes after which it restarted with no problem. I did put it on the charger for insurance. My Saturday trip was to dealer for service. They checked battery and electrical and told me there was no signs of trouble. Service guy said some people have the problem if they use regular gas (which I haven't). Oh well, guess this is an omen for a service contract. They gave me a 1200 GS to ride around while service was being done. I have to convince my wife that this ride is for her!! Bit of a truck compared to the GT but still fun.

Penelope is again in the PNW scouting out new locations for us. She has been in Portland and said she just LOVES the rain---I guess you can if you aren't looking forward to living in it for the next 6 months!! :)

Bill, unless you're just itching to spend more money, you can stop-drill that crack--2" isn't a lot. Use about a 1/8" to 3/16" drill and drill a hole at the very tip end of the crack. That should stop it from spreading.

Lets_Play_Two
Bill, unless you're just itching to spend more money, you can stop-drill that crack--2" isn't a lot. Use about a 1/8" to 3/16" drill and drill a hole at the very tip end of the crack. That should stop it from spreading.

I may try that or just put the stock screen on for a while.

Forgot to mention, I have the Vstream on my other RT (Jan's) and it works very well too. My CB & the Vstream are the best aftermarket shields I've ever tried. The Vstream provides protection at a lower height than the CB, but the CB is better for really cold weather when you raise it up high. If I lived in FL I would def. look at the Vstream.

I just put the tall V-Stream on my K1300GT. It is definitely an improvement over the stock shield, providing less noise and more wind protection. Good in cold weather, too, though it takes some getting used to looking through the shield (but beats freezing). I am 6-1 and ride with regular seat in high position.

Welcome to the infamous unexplained stalling problem. Many of us with k13GT's are experiencing it and BMW has finally issued a service bulletin after many reported it to the NTHSA. Mixed results on how the fix works (it involves cleaning the throttlebodies using a gas additive. Stalling is not much of a safety problem when approaching a stop, but is a cheek-squeezer when it stalls while entering a tight off-ramp, riding 2-up (don't ask me how I know this). Much info on the web about this issue.

Archived