IGNORED

Made in The USA

Chunky

It's so hard to find decent laethers that are both made in the USA and affordable. My jacket is $450 and an import. I stumbled on a new web site that sells buffalo hide diamond plate leather jackets, chaps & luggage for $100 or less. I've filled up my Christmas stocking with orders already. Check out www.bikerleatherplus.com and see if you agree is better to buy American.

Hi Bob,

Long time not seen a post from you.

A good quality USA made leather jacket for less than $100 sounds too good to be true. Let us know your experience when you receive them.

I will indeed Paul. I've been pouring on the miles on my Triumph Rocket III touring. I now own two bikes and share riding time between them.

662725167_WZb9H-XL.jpg

672001201_oiYWZ-XL.jpg

A good quality USA made leather jacket for less than $100 sounds too good to be true.

I agree. I would be very skeptical. I checked the site and found that they offer leather jackets for as little as $49.95. I did some quick searching and could not learn anything at all about the company. You have to know where they get their leather and how much they pay their workers before deciding whether Made in America is better.

It's important to double quote "" motorcycle"" jacket when viewing their wears. These are entirely fashion weight, low grade, scrap piece, leather products. The website is a "buy in instant template" with drop shipped imported items from China, Pakistan, India and such.

HERE... ARE... EXAMPLES

Only thing made in USA here is the deception.

Such shame in this post. :cry:

To be honest the reason you can't find any info on the site is that my sister & brother-in-law just opened the site. :)
Pardon my puzzlement, but which is the joke, that you just stumbled on the site, or that your sister and brother-in-law just opened it? Maybe I'm missing something, but are you pulling our leg or trying to move schlock merchandise?
You know, the front page says "Our motorcycle apparel is made in the USA!" , but a look through shows some motorcycle apparel items to be made in China. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong... or something.

The American made goodies are marked in bold red lettering as made in the USA

To be honest the reason you can't find any info on the site is that my sister & brother-in-law just opened the site. :)
Pardon my puzzlement, but which is the joke, that you just stumbled on the site, or that your sister and brother-in-law just opened it? Maybe I'm missing something, but are you pulling our leg or trying to move schlock merchandise?

Now you know why I haven't posted in such a long time. There are just too many Dicks in forums.

Now you know why I haven't posted in such a long time. There are just too many Dicks in forums.

Your posts always turn this way. Hmmmm? You were asked a simple question and this is your response. Always.

Chunky...different question. Tell us about your Triumph. I remember when you were getting it, but don't remember seeing anything on how much you like it, how different it is than your RT, the maintenance, etc. They look terrific. I would like to hear your experience. Thanks

Does this mean you're going away again? Why don't you just answer the question? Was your message a joke, or are you really recommending that stuff? If you cannot answer, then you are not here to communicate, which is what a forum is for, right?

Not trying to start any fights but a little research shows the following (from Ebay's, "Guide to Buying Leather Motorcycle Apparel Online"):

"When looking for leathers online, beware of Italian Stone or Diamond Plate leather. This is patch work leather that is made from scraps or inferior leather. These products are strictly fashion statement leather and not meant to protect you when riding."

Linky

I just had my 10k first service at a cost of $809, compareable with my K1200LTC. The bike has been a pleasure to ride. After my custom solo saddle was built comfort is no longer an issue. The bike is better handling than my K1200LTC or r1200rt in the twisties. Guess it's the low center of gravity and 900 pounds of steel. It's a keeper. I miss the anti-lock brakes & cruise control but I understand the 2010 R3T may have the anti-lock brakes. I'm using a BrakeWay throttle lock on the Rocket.

The gear is genuinely made in the USA, not Pakistan. Yes it's from a drop shipper. Do you think Amazon.com makes it's stuff? I get upset when someone attacks my sister and her efforts to sell good products at a competative price. I've ordered a computer leather briefcase and a leather motorcycle jacket from their site and get no discount. I'm only trying to help them and maybe someone on this forum.

Not trying to start any fights but a little research shows the following (from Ebay's, "Guide to Buying Leather Motorcycle Apparel Online"):

"When looking for leathers online, beware of Italian Stone or Diamond Plate leather. This is patch work leather that is made from scraps or inferior leather. These products are strictly fashion statement leather and not meant to protect you when riding."

Linky

Ya know I really didn't intend to write defencive post for this thread. If you're not interested in checking out the site forget about it and move on. I've read online reviews of camera shops belittling them & their practices yet after spending thousands of dollars there I've had nothing but great service and deals. Take online reviews with a grain of salt, including mine. It was NOT posted as a "joke".

Ya know I really didn't intend to write defencive post for this thread. If you're not interested in checking out the site forget about it and move on.

No, you shouldn't get to run away from this that easily. You posted an endorsement for these products, then it turned out it was actually a business run by a family member, so you violated at least the spirit, if not the letter, of the DB user agreement by touting a commercial enterprise, then when it turns out it's not all USA made (as you advertised) and not all motorcycle quality (as you advertised) you want to cut off the discussion.

You may have have the best of intentions but people (for better or worse) put great stock in the recommendations of their fellow DB members, and if someone got a less-than-appropriate-quality product based on a recommendation from someone who had an undisclosed family interest in selling that product, I think you would be doing that person a disservice.

Opening post:

I stumbled on a new web site

Two post later:

my sister & brother-in-law just opened the site.

Two post after that:

There are just too many Dicks in forums.

And you wonder why readers of this thread have reacted the way they have...

Shish.

Archived