IGNORED

Zumo 660??

CopsRT

I love mine. Works great. Big screen. Excellent touchscreen response. Slips into my pocket when I get off the bike. Great bluetooth hookup with my cellphone when I'm using it in the car.

Got one.

Been running it for a bit. Garmin had some software probs but they seem to be working them out. Has a lot of nice features. I got it for the Bluetooth and waterproofness and its ability to stream Bluetooth in A2DP so the music from the Zumo is in stereo. I use a Chatterbox XBI2...can't say enough good about it, and an Iphone 3g. All work as advertised and not one cable in the mix. Just turn things on and they all pair up.

Definitely waterproof.....one prob is the only button on it...seems to stick once in a while...and this is not uncommon.

We sold our 550 with our 1150RT, and I picked up the 660 even though I had heard some bad things about it.

However, we have been happy with the new model;

- bigger screen

- shows speed limit

- built-in speaker

- 3D buildings and landmarks (really cool in a city like Paris)

- "lane assist" photo-like representation of which lane you should be in

- some gadget stuff like a built-in dictionary and translator that speaks phrases you want

- much better mount for both car and motorcycle

It's not perfect; still not as fluid as the TomTom 910 we had, and sometimes screws up it's routing, but for us it's an improvement over the 550.

We don't need XM which isn't available in Europe (AFAIK).

Rus

I only have one issue with it, the price! Being a cheap guy I run 2610-2620s and if they get stolen off the bike while being pissed I am only out a hundred or so...

I've been considering for awhile now, and with the change in jobs causing a much higher likelihood of travel this may be the time. My question is in addition to the standard included items - what else is needed?

Hi,

Almost everything you need is in the box. Comes with a bike mount and a car mount, and a carrying case. It also comes with a ram mount kit that I used as is on a 2008 RT. Worked great. I recently got a reservoir cap Ram mount that I now use. Not much else to say....

Oh...you do need the BMW connector for it to just plug into the bike port that is hidden in the front (least it is in the RT). Forget the part number. But if you search its here somewhere. Just splice it in and you have a nice plug in connecter that is also water tight.

Went thru some serious downpours with it running and it doesn't skip a beat.

I also travel a lot for work and take it a long. It has a car mount and 12v power supply cable and it can tell which mode it needs to be in when its plugged in. The hands-free works great in the rental cars.

Hope this info helps.

Yammer

Archived