IGNORED

Reflective (preferably large) decal(s)..........

shatzbot10

Well you will need to step away from the lazy way (stickers wont work) and step up to the professional way 3M Scotchlite .

Have it professionally sewn in your desired location on jacket.

That or get a reflective safety vest or new jacket with it already incorporated.

Since I make/sell the reflective kits that stick on the backs of your saddlebags, I once had the same idea, too. I tried, but couldn't find anything that would stick to fabric or leather with any consistency or durability. Sewing the reflective on your garments is the only way.

I looked.

A lot.

There are options, but in the end I wasn't ure they would endure to the elemental exposure over time.

So, sew, or buy with it already added, or try a vest.

The vest allows you to keep you leather intact and not sew something permanently to it.

I'd say look at the options such as those at New Enough , and they have others.

Best wishes.

Actually, I bought this very thing from my dealer

Worked well on my textile jackets. Don't know how well it will work on leather. I can't remember the name of the product.

Call the dealer, maybe they can help.

EUROcycles

8509 Gunn Hwy

Odessa, FL 33556

(813) 926-9937

(813) 926-5660

http://www.bmwrides.com/default.asp

I purchased some reflective tape made for water sport life jackets... I haven't put on my textile jacket yet, but plan to.... I purchased at the local ship store (West Marine) and they are Coast Guard approved.... we'll see.

Aside from added visibility, most Hi-Viz vests have a removable hook-and-loop ID holder for credit card, license, etc. which is extremely handy on long trips. Motorcycle Superstore currently has Yoshimura Hi-Viz vests on sale for $19.95.

Archived