IGNORED

2 gig card for zumo?

Marty Hill

Be aware Marty that the way you structure the music you put on the SD card (folders and subfolders) really can inpact the "boot-up time". I think there is a good discussion of this on the Zumo forum.

Be aware Marty that the way you structure the music you put on the SD card (folders and subfolders) really can inpact the "boot-up time". I think there is a good discussion of this on the Zumo forum.

I don't use subfolders and have never had a problem.

It is great for books on tape.

:thumbsup:

Hi Marty... yes the Zumo uses a regular SD card. I use a 2GB myself.

Just be aware that the Zumo limits you to 1000 songs no matter the size of the card.

Also, the previous poster was right... the way you structure your files (music) matters. Best to have something like Albums/then Songs rather than a long string of just songs.

And, you can only use mp3 files... not other formats.

again refer you and others to: http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?action=forum

I think this might help - it's from the Garmin site.

"What's the Secure Digital (SD) card recommended for my nüvi or zumo?

Answer:

As long as your nuvi or zumo has the latest version of software, it will be compatible with all SD and SDHC datacards. While SDHC datacards are available in a variety of storage sizes and speeds, we only recommend using a maximum of 16GB SDHC cards.

clip~

Just be aware that the Zumo limits you to 1000 songs no matter the size of the card.

~clip

hopz, they (the Zumo) actually limits a person to 1000 song titles.. I have more than 1000 songs on my Z-550 all I had to do was link 2 or more songs together under one name (basically a long song).. I have a couple of my favorite albums as one long song (album title as the song name) & the Zumo handles it just fine..

I know a technicality but there is a way to have more than 1000 actual songs & have the Zumo play them all..

Twisty

Almost ashamed to say, I don't listen to anything on the gps. Just follow the red line to interesting places. I am now trying to download my 2010 europe maps and places into the sd card. Thanks for all the info even tho most is wasted on a dummy like me. :dopeslap:

Brian, can I really download sbucks? Just finished downloading the euro maps with some restaurants/hotels and routes that I enjoyed last time. Heading to the eastern adriatic this time before Italia and the alps. Finishing up in the UK.

Marty... take a look here. Points of Interest (POIs) for just about everything. Make a great addition to your Zumo.

I Have a list all the Diners Drive Ins and Dives, Utah Rest Stops, BMW Dealers and independent Shops nation-wide, and All the NPR Radio Stations... so I will know the closest one and its frequency.

Starbucks- of course.

look here: http://www.poi-factory.com/

Thanks for that/only visit sbux in atlanta and the pacific nw for some reason. Looks like a very useful site.

Hey Marty

If ya wanna try music through the ZUMO, just tell me what ya like to listen to and I'll make up a card for ya. I have everything from Jazz to Broadway.

L

i think the only way our friend, marty, will hear music while bombing around on his moto, would be for Beyonce to be riding pillion and singing in his ear. then, maybe, there would be music.

:rofl:

i think the only way our friend, marty, will hear music while bombing around on his moto, would be for Beyonce to be riding pillion and singing in his ear. then, maybe, there would be music.

:rofl:

Uhhhh, ok!!!! :eek::eek:

LINKY

:rofl::rofl:

Trust me Brian, I know who she is. :grin:

Why don't I listen to music/gps/radar detector? Used David Clark headset for 30 years while flying. Tried wearing the little ear thingies once as I left atlanta headed west. Called xm from dallas and cx'd the subscription. In phx at Jesse luggage I threw the xm radio and the radar detector into Al's trash can. I'd rather listen to the engine.

Now back to waiting for some good wx so I can go for a ride. :thumbsup:

Archived