IGNORED

AdMoreLights?

Deek

Has anyone any experience with the AdMoreLight LED light bar.

That lightbar seems to be quite a bit larger and hopefully more visible than the Hyper Lights I've seen. I don't think the Hyper Lights flash, do they?

I'd like to add some sort of supplemental lighting my RT, but want something simple to install. It does not need to act as a turn signal also. What I mainly need is a "brake light modulator" like I've had on my past bikes.

Thanks.

Have you looked at P3 lights?

http://www.skenedesign.com/lights

They are plug and play on canbus bikes. I ordered as set last week, very quick service. I was installing them on Sunday and ran into a problem. Sent an email, they responded in 3 minutes. :-) Unfortunately a little bit later we discovered that I had the wrong controller, they had accidentally shipped a controller for a different product. Again, a quick Sunday afternoon email exchange identified the problem. They shipped out a replacement yesterday, along with return packing for the incorrect one.

I'll post a detailed review when the install is complete.

I just installed the Touratech LED tail/stop light in my 12 RT. I had them on my GSA and liked them so much I bought some for the RT. Plug & play and it goes inside the regular tail light assembly. Very bright and can be programmed with 3 dip switches for a variety of pulsing sequences. You do have to add a load resistor to match the regular light load so you don't get a bulb failure message but all wiring and connections are included. 30 minute install and very professional.

No, that's for the link. I was not familiar with them. I will keep checking to see your review.

Had you considered the Hyperlights and the AdMoreLights? Just curious as to what lead you to choose the P3 lights. They do look like the easier to connect.

I just installed the Touratech LED tail/stop light in my 12 RT. I had them on my GSA and liked them so much I bought some for the RT. Plug & play and it goes inside the regular tail light assembly. Very bright and can be programmed with 3 dip switches for a variety of pulsing sequences. You do have to add a load resistor to match the regular light load so you don't get a bulb failure message but all wiring and connections are included. 30 minute install and very professional.

These sound very good also. I have not seen them but will check our Touratech's product. One thing I found interesting in your post was talking about the load resister to prevent the bulb failure message. Did this come in the Touratech kit, or did you have to rig that up yourself? I have a Kissan (sp?) headlight modulator which I really like except after the install at the BMW shop I get that bulb failure message flashing. The shop called Kissan and BMW and apparently the failure light hurts nothing, but it is a little irritating to me.

No, that's for the link. I was not familiar with them. I will keep checking to see your review.

Had you considered the Hyperlights and the AdMoreLights? Just curious as to what lead you to choose the P3 lights. They do look like the easier to connect.

My P3 choice was based on stuff I found showing they are brighter than the hyperlites, that they don't have any canbus issues, and I liked the fact I could read R1200GS instructions with pictures on their site. I don't know much about AdMore, but have a lot of respect for Twisted, so the fact that they sell them says a lot to me.

The other P3 appeal, was their discount offer to folks who have had recent rider training. I'm an instructor, I believe in regular training, and I appreciate someone promoting training with a discount.

Archived