IGNORED

Cruiserworks - Example of How a Really Good Merchant Acts

Nice n Easy Rider

Nice n Easy Rider

Twenty-five months ago I bought a pair of Cruiserworks classic style boots from Dennis Kirk, a Cruiserworks dealer. About 8 months ago I noticed the lining of one of the boots coming loose and a tear in the lining from where my inserted foot had pulled on it. In order to keep the lining from bunching up I duck-taped it down (another use for duck tape). Then about two months ago I noticed the soles on both boots pulling away from the uppers and cracks in the rubber soles near the heels. I re-fastened the soles to the uppers with super-glue and they've held but I no longer use a bootjack to remove the boots for fear the soles will pull away again. The cracks in the soles didn't seal with super-glue.

So last week I emailed Cruiserworks to see if there was any way to get the boots relined (their website gives the name of a contractor who resoles their boots). I received an email back from Cara Crawford, their President, telling me that the lining should not pull loose and asking for a more detailed description of the problem. I described in detail the problems with both the lining and the soles. She responded that they stand by their product and would make it right. Since I'm only about half an hour away from their office/warehouse I set up a time to bring the boots by.

When Ms. Crawford saw the boots she quickly acknowledged that they were defective. They had purchased the company a little over two years ago and the previous owner (who had been the owner for a short period of time) had switched to several sub-par contractors. Ms. Crawford stated that they have honored all claims resulting from the previous owner's poor choice of contractors. She then went into the back, returned with a box containing the exact size and model of my boots, and suggested I try them on to make sure they fit. I did - they did - and she then told me to take them. I told her that I had worn my previous boots for 2+ years and that I should at least pay something for that use. She would not hear of it - she reiterated that they stand by their product and that, other than a re-soling every 3-5 years (depending on amount of use), their boots should last at least 10-15 years.

It is such a pleasure to see a company stand by their product like this. I'm sure that sales are tough nowadays with the economy being down but Ms. Crawford didn't hesitate to do the right thing.

Anyone looking to buy boots in the near (or far) future might want to check out Cruiserworks website.

http://www.cruiserworks.com/

Jerry Johnston

Wow.......good news. I have a pair of their boots that I purchased about 5 years ago and forunately they still look to be in excellent condition. I've worn them through downpours and find them completely water proof.

Also mention Sidestand Up podcast/radio show and they'll give a bit of reduced price love. Great reviews on the products and the current owners honor the old owners products 100%. The gal was an employee of the original owners BTW, they are really great folks and if they have a boot that works for your style give them your business you won't regret it.

• 1 year later...
HaChayalBoded

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is unfortunately no longer the case. The new owner does not give a rats ass about boots bought prior to them taking over the company. My old cruiserworks boots must have 200+ thousand miles on em, they need a new sole due to a hole (sitting too close to a campfire). New boots have been worn maybe 10 times, local commuting, no road trips and are falling apart. Sent an email and basically told too bad, try and get in touch with J and Cara Crawford (but didn't tell me how) and hope they might have an extra pair somewhere they could send me.

At least J and Cara provided customer support for boots purchased before they owned the company. The new owner seams to enjoy putting them down in some forums, even going as far as to tell potential customers not to buy discounted boots because they are manufactured defects (not actually true).

Archived