IGNORED

Bargain heated jacket liner

Paul Mihalka

Yeah, I'm a inveterate bargain hunter. With all the talk about heated liners and controls, I started to look around. I have a almost 20 year old Gerbing jacket liner that works but is getting a bit ragged on the edges, and I have it hooked up with a also old Widder temp. control. The new remote wireless adjuster for the Warm'n Safe heat-troller called my attention.

So looking at the Warm'n Safe website I found that they are selling the previous type generation 2 liners as seconds for $85.95. So I ordered one, with the newfangled remote heat controller. I will keep y'all posted when I get it.

Paul, be sure to look at the amp rating of that remote control controller.. I looked one of the early ones (might not be the same as the one you’re getting) & it didn’t have enough current handling capacity to handle more than a vest or liner & couldn’t handle my liner + gloves..

Twisty

Well, Warm'n Safe sells the controller without limitations to handle, liner, gloves, pant liners, the whole 9 yards. It better works.

Paul, be sure to look at the amp rating of that remote control controller.. I looked one of the early ones (might not be the same as the one you’re getting) & it didn’t have enough current handling capacity to handle more than a vest or liner & couldn’t handle my liner + gloves..

Twisty

They are spec'd at 15 amps. I assume that is total, not for each circuit. Should be plenty.

I was looking at their (single) remote control heat-troller for use with jacket liner, pants liner, and gloves.

I emailed them and Mike Coan write:

"Yes of course it can. 13 amps no problem, 15 with a change in the fuse."

Mike from Warm and Safe said to be sure and tell him that your from the BMW Sport touring web site for a 20% discount on your purchase from him

When I ordered my stuff, I checked the "club" pay option and they discounted the heat-troller and a extra cable I ordered. They did not discount the 85.95 sale jacket liner, which makes sense.

Archived