IGNORED

Point me toward a 12v buss bar for tankbag

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

They exist, but Radio Shack, Fry's and Lowes were no help.

These stores offer a barrier like this one:

41ygNh67w7L._SS500_.jpg

I'm looking for a similar strip with each side isolated to hook up various bits in my tank bag.

TIA

TIA

John Ranalletta

Thanks, but not looking for a fuse block. The tank bag lead already comes from a Centech attached under seat to the air filter.

However, something else on the site might work.

2701.jpg

Thanks, again.

John, I have used similar ones to the one shown in your original picture & just removed the brass tie straps between the screws..

Did you look closely at the ones you looked at to see if the brass straps can be removed?

Twisty

John Ranalletta

I don't have that exact barrier, but do have one from RS. The straps cannot be remove + there'd be no tapped hole for the screws if removed. I thought of taking them out and parting them in half but they're pressed into or maybe even molded into the plastic.

John Ranalletta

Whoever said money's not a motivator was wrong. I was just about to go to WestMarine to buy $30 worth of buss when I glimpsed the answer right in front of me. Too obvious, I guess...

This is the RS barrier with a jumper on each side. I'll connect the (+) and (-) opposite each jumper and use the 3 jumpered contacts for autocom, radar detector and ipod.

4789.jpg.92e354f85f7657f14ba157b0d567567e.jpg

Archived