IGNORED

ipod remote control

GreatDaysAhead

GreatDaysAhead

I keep my IPOD in my tankbag connected to my Autocom Super pro and have found that I wish I could control volume, pause and tracks without having to access the Ipod in the bag whilst riding. I have found a wireless remote control that I think is awesome. I velcroed the remote to my clutch fluid cover and now can control the functions for IPOD without fussing with the IPOD itself, even if the IPOD is in locked mode. Works great! http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/340/productID/527

Everyone has their favorites but I think that one is the hot ticket because it allows you to select playlists (which most of the others won't do.) Excellent range, too. I use one with an iPod Touch and it works great. Amazon has it for $51 BTW.

I have one but I find it's operation to be erratic. At times I just give up and listen to the mp3 player in the Garmin or just the wind. Then again I'm iPod challenged anyway so I'm probably not doing it right. :grin:

I use the IPOD wired FM radio, which can clip on my right cuff. Buttons very small, can only use bare hand or with deerskin glove. Does the essentials of skip track and volume, but finicky and no playlist feature.

Really like the radio though - find it is good for working around the yard.

Sounds like the Scoche one is better and i may try it next season.

I keep my IPOD in my tankbag connected to my Autocom Super pro and have found that I wish I could control volume, pause and tracks without having to access the Ipod in the bag whilst riding. I have found a wireless remote control that I think is awesome. I velcroed the remote to my clutch fluid cover and now can control the functions for IPOD without fussing with the IPOD itself, even if the IPOD is in locked mode. Works great! http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/340/productID/527

Does this one allow you to "scroll" up and down, to select playlists or features?? I ask because I have the iJet and it does not, but the scroll wheel on my iPod is broken, so I am looking for one to take over that function. Thanks.

Does this one allow you to "scroll" up and down, to select playlists or features??

The playlist select button on the Scosche unit will cycle up or down through whatever playlists you have on the device. Since there is no display to confirm which playlist you are using I simply verbally recorded the playlist name and inserted that clip as the first track of each playlist. That way as I scroll up and down through the list I hear a verbal tag of each playlist name as I select it, making it easy to identify them without having to look at anything. If your playlists are by artist then this probably isn't necessary as the content will be obvious even without a description, but this technique is helpful on mix lists.

iJet has a new one. I haven't seen the price yet but it is called a 2-way and it has a display to show the song being played. It will show playlists as well. Linky

I have the original iJet and use Scotch 3M Dual Lock material to hold it to the clutch reservoir. I put the iPod in the glove box connected to my Autocom. A display would be nice though.

Archived