IGNORED

Anyone Try These

Whip

those look cool. Its a bit more than I have ever considered spending for a visor. I usually wear glasses anyway and keep my visor up for more airflow. I guess if they work and are somewhat scratch resistant then ist not too bad.

Got a couple of positive user comments about it on webbikeworld.com (where it's reviewed as part of a helmet that comes with it).

It would be nice to know how quick they transition as in the time from riding in bright sunlight to entering a tunnel.

Good point......You could die in the Eisenhower Tunnel

But then again, I ride through there with my dark mask all the time....I just flip it open.

I rather like a very long (3 inch or so), dirt bike, peak (with non-visible holes to stop the breeze from pushing on it). Being long, all you need to do is lower your chin to block out even very low facing sun. Only two states: 0% and 100%... but that works pretty good for me.

Side benefit of having a prominent peak, when you twist your head to look behind before changing lanes, very clear to car drivers what you have in mind to do next.

Low tech, eh?

I have found that those peaks exaggerate any annoying turbulence that you may already have and if you don't have any now, you prolly will when wear the peak.

YMMV

It says they will be available in Spring 2010 and that they're currently only available from their website and Yamaha of San Antonio (in Selma.)

I'm kind of surprised that there are user reviews out there...

I have found that those peaks exaggerate any annoying turbulence that you may already have and if you don't have any now, you prolly will when wear the peak.

YMMV

A good point and I am at fault for not explaining better that the long peaks I use have 6 (?) wind vents angled in such a way that you can't see any bright sky through them (making them "non-visible" as I awkwardly wrote). Therefore, they have pretty much no turbulence that I can sense.

Archived