IGNORED

GoPro Hero HD Camera Samples

jblaze5779

Very nice vids! I am impressed. When this camera first became available couple years ago, I was very critical of them as the results were rather poor, but obviously the resolution is now HD and it handles changing lighting situations very nicely. Hope you got the wife something nice! :lurk:

Edit: what was the resolution & frames per second on those 2 clips?

they're both 960p at 30fps. The camera can shot 720p at 60fps but the field of view isn't very tall. I'm still figuring out how to use each format in various positions on the bike.

they're both 960p at 30fps. The camera can shot 720p at 60fps but the field of view isn't very tall. I'm still figuring out how to use each format in various positions on the bike.

By "not very tall" do you mean the camera crops the top and bottom of the field of view in 720P mode?

Also, is that a wide angle lens?

Will it do 640P w/60 fps ? Like to see the difference that twice the frame rate makes.

the resolutions in the manual are listed as:

WVGA 60fps (16:9)

720p 30fps (16:9)

720p 60fps (16:9)

960p 30fps <= provides the most vertical viewing (4:3)

1080p 30fps (16:9)

Looks very good. I almost asked for one of these myself but the lack of a remote control (heard there was someting but never found it) for the unit made me decide to hold off for a bit longer. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your use of this unit.

AdventurePoser
ok I rerendered the second video in HD with the audio enabled. Took all night but I finally got it done.

Awesome....I have zero experience with shooting video so this is very cool to me. I think I can see a potential Christmas present in my future! :rofl:

Steve

What software are you using to change it from an AVI file to something YouTube will accept?

I've haven't been getting the audio other than when I view the original file, so when I clip the file to shorten the video and get the interesting parts, I loose all audio.

Thanks

Ken, you might want to try Microsoft Live Movie Maker. It is a free download and is part of the Microsoft Live suite of programs. While I have not used it to post to YouTube, it appears to support importing and editing AVI files, and it does support exporting your output files directly to YouTube. It may be worth a try.

Is it just me or does it kind of "fish eye" with the edges of the video seeming to drop away? I seems less noticable with it mounted to the bike than when on the helmet though.

Is it just me or does it kind of "fish eye" with the edges of the video seeming to drop away? I seems less noticable with it mounted to the bike than when on the helmet though.

Well the camera can shoot either tall or wide video. The objects that appear to filmed with a fisheye are in the tall mode (good for helmet cams) and the wide is good for when you aren't so concerned with a tall field of view.

I've been using cyberlink power director to edit my videos. I found that the built in windows movie maker could not handle the file size this camera produces. There are several options to upload directly to facebook and youtube built right into the program. I typically save as .wmv 9 format for HD video and audio quality.

Besides the fun videos, it does seem like a great tool for self evaluating one's driving. I could figure out that you look at least twice at intersections and drive in the left rut.

I think I will research it and probably buy it.

Archived