IGNORED

Gadget Mount for R1100RS

Michaelr11

If you are riding the R1100RS, what are you using for mounting your GPS?

My buddy has his GPS (2720) on his tankbag now and he'd like to mount it to a RAM cradle or another brand but can't find much of anything that fits the 1100RS.

I've got a 96 11rs, and a Garmin Nuvi 500. I've attached the two with a RAM Mount.

This goes under the left rear-view mirror mount. It fits, but the hole size is just a bit off. I drilled mine out about 1/2 way so there's a little shoulder inside the hole. Now the main mirror shaft fits in into the recess just a bit. I also recall beveling one of the outside edges with a file because the clearance is a little tight.

This other one will probably also work in the same manner. You may have some luck with the clutch reservoir lid mounts. I didn't want mine on the right side, so I didnt' look too closely at them.

Aside from the minor modification that's necessary, it's a top-notch mount, and those RAM mounts are awesome!

thencamebronson

I use a "homemade" ram mount ball I got through the classifieds here. Mounts to the handlebar adjustment piece. The best solution though is the gadget guy mounts.

Archived