IGNORED

Anyone Know Where...

FLTRI

I can get a heavy duty one of these? I'm running three pieces of heated gear off of one circuit, and this adapter is the weak link. I just need one with a heavier gauge wire...

TIA

Dan

CIMG2592-1.jpg

Or stop in a local BMW dealer. However, it really should not melt. There may be something wrong with the way you have the wires connected along the line somewhere.

Dan, PowerLet has the design you are looking for.. They don’t give an amp capacity but it says for tire inflator pumps (those draw quite a bit if power).. The coax end looks a lot more robust than the one you are showing..

Sae to Coax pig tail

Twisty

Dan, PowerLet has the design you are looking for.. They don’t give an amp capacity but it says for tire inflator pumps (those draw quite a bit if power).. The coax end looks a lot more robust than the one you are showing..

Sae to Coax pig tail

Twisty

Thanks Twisty,

Your link says PowerLet to SAE. The adapter cable I currently have is for a First Gear Jacket and gloves, and is not being used on my RT. Just want to make sure this will fit the coax style connector, not the BMW style socket...

Only the connector in the picture is getting warm, it goes to a 'Y' splitter after this. One end of the 'Y' goes to my Widder vest, and the other end connects to my wife's First Gear jack and gloves...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, update...

I ordered the pig-tale from Power Let. Two in fact, just in case. ;)

It works perfectly, no more overheating. Thanks for the link, and the advise! :thumbsup:

Dan

I just want to add this, and I have no association with the Powerlet company, just happen to live close to their headquarters and was lucky enough to stop in one day. On multiple occasions when I have needed something from them and I have stopped in to purchase the item, the people I have dealt with could not be nicer. They seem to be a very laid back kind operation and the service could not be better. Products have always performed for me, and there are riders in the fold.

Just seeing the operation, it makes me think that I would like to work for such on organization.

And I don't give out compliments very ofter, just not my style.

Archived