IGNORED

Ethenol

Lawman

Came across this website that is owned by another BMW motorcycle rider..

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

"Aren't certain brands ethanol-free?

No. All gasoline brands have both pure and ethanol-containing gasoline under the same brand names. For example, Shell V-Power ranges from 91 to 93 octane both with and without added ethanol. It just varies from station to station, and it's up to the station owner whether or not to sell pure gas. In fact, in Madison there is a Shell station that sells V-Power with ethanol, but recently (5/09) added one single pump, at a higher price, dispensing pure 91-octane gas. (It happens to be the pump that I always use, so I figure they understood I wanted pure gas in that one.) "

I go to the Minnesota Street Rod Assoc website and they list all the stations that have non oxy fuel in Minnesota and it gets updated several times per year. Nice to have when planning a ride..

I just gave my 07 Siverado it's "100% gas" in the tank today since I bought the truck new. Too soon to tell if it will make a difference except in my pocketbook. It was 20cents more a gal @ 2.99 but as I figure it, that is less than 10% more than I am paying for gas that may or maybe not be up to 10% ethanol. Therefore, I hope that my pick up and fuel mileage will improve at least 10% and hope it will even the costs out. My mileage right now is about 16 mpg with whatever Sunoco product I have been putting in. A friend of mine says he has noticed a big difference in his vehicle so I thought I would bite the bullet and try the good ol stuff that we all took for granted not too long ago. If it works out, It will be a staple in my antique car which has been severely flogged by the ethanol blend.\

But - I wonder if there is a simple test to see what the difference is before filling like a test strip that will turn color or something.

Archived