IGNORED

Gerbings Question for Fernando...

Roadwolf

Hey Fernando, thought I'd post this the larger community instead of PMing you so others can get the answer on this...

1. First off, I am heading to the Greenville IMS show this Saturday and wondered if Gerbing's is going to be there with a presence, as in the past? Let me know if you can.

2. Second question: I currently own the pre-Microwire Jacket liner and G3 gloves (picked them up in Atlanta two Januarys ago and LOVE them... especially now with the sub zero temps commuting on the bike). I was on a ride this past weekend and my toes were quite frozen from the 4 hour ride and started to think... hmmm, I think I will check into some socks or insoles from Gerbing's.... Well anyways, I checked out your website and see no socks but the insoles make me go, that may be the ticket. And if I go that route, I may as well get the liner pants. All that to say is, here is my main question... how do I hook these pants (with the insoles plugged into the pant legs at the bottom) into the jacket when I have the two ports used already by the jacket itself and G3 gloves... I am using the Dual Controller and note that on the plug in panel on the jacket itself that there is a third recessed port that I am not currently using... is that for plugging in the pants? I can't get any info about that on Gerbing's site. Or do I have to get another controller for the pants separately and plug that into the second BMW power port on the back of the bike (06 RT)? I see the accessory for hooking up a wire to the battery, but prefer to have everything in the power plug on the dash if that is possible.

I figure if Gerbing's is there, I can ask them, but on the chance that they are swamped, I thought I'd get an advanced explanation from you, if you could help me. (or if anyone else on the board cares to answer, that would be fine). Also, no problem, I would assume mixing the old style of heating elements with the Microwire pants and insoles, right?

Just shout back, if you don't mind. Thanks again in advance and for a really great product!

1. Yes, Gerbing's will be at the Greenville IMS Show. However, I can tell you that because of record-breaking sales of our Microwire products (all 2010 products from Gerbing's are Microwire), we may be running short of some products and sizes before the end of Saturday, so I suggest getting to the show as early as possible, maybe even on Friday if you can.

2. Yes, the female port is for the pants. It is controlled by the same TempController knob that controls the center male port, i.e. it's on the same circuit as the gloves. Keep in mind that the Pant Liner, like the Jacket Liner, is an "undergarment" designed to be worn under your motorcycle gear. There is no problem mixing Gerbing's products that use the older copper-wire heating technology with our new Microwire products.

Thanks Fernando for the info... I won't be able to make it on Friday, but will be there around 10 am Saturday morning... will make a point to head over there first thing... Oh, and I wear my heated gear under a Roadcrafter, all the time!

Roadwolf,

I've got the new micro wire liner and gloves. The third recessed port is to supply power to the pants and insoles (insoles are plugged into pant bottoms). If you have insole but no pants, the supplied harness (with the insoles) goes up your pant leg and connects to the third port. I don't know how the dual contoller and PDU handles the power. The main plug powers the jacket, the middle connector (gloves) is controlled by the other dual contoller knob. Which knob controls the pants and insoles.....Fernando?

Added note to Fernando, It seems all items (gloves, pants, jackets, etc.) are shipped with direct to battery connectors, fuses, and harnesses; which is a lot of duplication and added cost. Sell the harness separate (you only need one) and reduce the costs of main items? Just a thought.

Love the product by the way :thumbsup:

Archived