IGNORED

New Helmet

Dave_C

I just got a new Shoei Multitec(Flip face helmet) It was twice as expensive as my last helmet. So far it it twice as good! Very high quality construction, very quiet, excellent fit, excellent feel of the latches/face shield movement. Could actually feel air movement when I opened the vents. Of course helmet fit is very personal from brand to brand based on the shape of your head. What a difference for me. Probably better protection for my noggin then my old helmet.

I am looking at the Multitec, wish I would have spent the money to get the right helmet to begin with, now I have to add the cost of my ill-fitting KBC to the price of a new Shoei.

Where did you find the helmet you bought? I am seeing online prices around $420.

THanks

Matt

I too have a Multi-tec. Got it after seeing Dave Searle's writeup in MCN. It's good, but in all honesty, I rarely use the flip feature. And all in all, it doesn't hold a candle in comfort or quietness to my old helmet, an Arai Quantum/f. Once the "5 year use" period passes, I'm going back to Arai. But if you must have a flip, the Multitec was the most comfy I tried on. Got mine at the dealer during open house 2 years ago - 15% off list.

-MKL

Ebay has a seller with a good rating selling them for mid $300's. Not sure if they are "gray market" with a different warranty, but price is right.

Archived