IGNORED

Film On Windshield........

Redbrick

What do you use to get this stuff off? :eek:......Tried Maguires (spelling?) Plastx and Blue Magic headlight lens cleaner....Cleaned up some but still has that film....

Any secret recipes?......

The film is actually a protective coating that prevents the polycarbonate (lexan) from absorbing water and chemicals which can cause it to become cloudy. You can't polish it like normal plastic, believe me I've tried.

Firefight911

The film is actually a protective coating that prevents the polycarbonate (lexan) from absorbing water and chemicals which can cause it to become cloudy. You can't polish it like normal plastic, believe me I've tried.

Oh, that film. Yeah, you won't stop/fix that one.

I found out that brake fluid does a good job at taking it off. Mine does actually look better after taking the film off as the it had become scratched and pitted.

Oh, that film. Yeah, you won't stop/fix that one.

Yeah, we finished using Plexus....It's as clean as it's going to get and who looks through it much anyway?.....This is on Kathy's 1150 BTW...My 1200 seems much clearer....

Thanks...Just wanted to make sure we weren't missing something...

I just saw that Cee Bailey will polish your windshield and send it back for $50. Has anyone tried this? I just got my first BMW a few days ago and the previous owner had decals on the windshield. I removed the decals and the film came with it.

Cee Baileys makes their windshields out of acrylic which can be polished. I doubt they would touch coated lexan because the entire coating would have to be removed. If it really bothers you your best bet is to buy a used windshield from ebay or similiar.

Archived