IGNORED

Opinions wanted on Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0 Jacket

brianbmw

I'm looking for a new 3/4 length waterproof jacket. I don't want to spend 3 or 4 hundred dollars. The Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0. can be had at newenough for about $140. Webbikeworld gave it a great review.

Brian

I used an earlier version of the Ballistic jacket for a couple of years. It was a good rugged waterproof all-weather jacket that I fitted with Joe Rocket's European armor. Quality of construction and materials was excellent. The only downsides to mention are that (at least for that earlier model) it wasn't machine-washable, and it didn't have much reflective material.

I've used a Joe Rocket Ballistic for the past few years. It is well built and very comfortable and I have no complaints. Seems to be a great coat for the money.

I have used my Ballistic 4 for years and it has worked well. My only nitpick is the neck area sometimes chafed my neck. Usually a bandana solved this problem. You do have to hand wash or "delicate" machine wash with all armor out. Velcro is getting weak after about 100,000 miles but they all do that.

I have a Joe Rocket 3/4 length. It is heavier then my Teknic jacket but also better vented. The Teknic is a bit warmer, and I use it more in the off-season. Nice gear for a reasonable price.

Archived