IGNORED

Roadcrafter 1 piece

Pennys Dad

Well, my wife took the plunge for me over Christmas and bought me a Roadcrafter 1 piece. After working out the sizing and alterations I have to say this is the absolutely best gear I have ever owned. One of the things I love the best about this suit is I can put it on over my suit close and commute into the office with out issue or wrinkles!

russell_bynum

My process for selecting a Roadcrafter went like this:

I looked at a bunch of pictures of riders involved in the Iron Butt Rally and similar long-distance events.

The overwhelming majority of them had that distinctive diagonal reflective over the left breast pocket. I figure....if it's good enough for a bunch of nuts riding day and night, day after day, in all kinds of weather, where every wasted second really adds up, and where having a no-nonsense piece of gear that contributes to the solution of the problems rather than adds to them....it's good enough for me.

I've worn mine from below freezing to 116F. Rain, snow, hail, sun. I've crashed (twice) and had the gear prove how well it does at keeping you intact. It isn't perfect (no gear is), but I think it's got the right mix of compromises.

When you get the sizing right, it's pretty darn good piece of equipment.

Kind of like a hammer. Simple but effective and very hard to improve upon.

--

Mikko

What I like best about my Roadcrafter (2 pc.) is that you don't have to think about what to wear according to the conditions; rain, sun, cold, warm (it does sometimes get too hot mid-summer, but that's a fairing issue as much as anything else), you just put it on and ride.

I have about 15 years on mine and it's still going strong.

Well, my wife took the plunge for me over Christmas and bought me a Roadcrafter 1 piece. After working out the sizing and alterations I have to say this is the absolutely best gear I have ever owned. One of the things I love the best about this suit is I can put it on over my suit close and commute into the office with out issue or wrinkles!

I continued to find new zippers and pockets on my Roadcrafter years after I bought it. : )

Vinny, do you use it zipped together or do you use the bib/suspenders on the pants?

98% of the time I use it zipped together. In cooler weather I can unzip them when getting off the bike and use the jacket alone to walk around.

The 2% that I don't zip them is during a ride when the weather changes and gets really hot. Then I'll take off the pants and just ride with the jacket.

Vinny, do you use it zipped together or do you use the bib/suspenders on the pants?

Another option is to go with the Darian pants and the RC Jacket. The Darian pants have belt loops(suspenders optional) and wider legs for MX boots. They do not zip together, but have a lot of over lap. When traveling two up the 2 pc is much more functional.

I also have a 1pc RC.

Archived