IGNORED

GPS Question

Don M

I just got a Garmin Nuvi 550 and would like to set it up so that it will show campgrounds in the US and maybe Canada. Anyone have any suggestions?

While there get the POI of the BMW dealers and independent shops in the US.

FYI All the above is "no charge" and easy to install. The actual POI files are very small and thus take very little memory space.

Is there any way to get the POI data onto mapsource? I'm thinking about creating some loop routes looking for quilt squares in Eastern Tenn and NC. It certainly would be easier if they were all flagged in mapsource before I started so I could just start linking them up.

---

If you know where they are, you can create a set of waypoints and save the file. Then, anytime you want to route to any of them, you can create a route in that same file. You can also download the waypoints into your GPS.

Okay, I've already downloaded the POI file to my GPS and it will pull up their addresses as a list and flag them on its map. What I want to do is, in mapsource, not have to search for each address and then plant a flag. I would simply like to download the POI file directly into mapsource and have it plant all the flags at one time. Then I could draw my route connecting the flags.

--

Now as soon as it quits raining.....

that thing's waterproof. get out there and ride. ;-)

poi factory has all manner of good stuff. I thought I ought to have the AAA list of campgrounds etc., since I'm a member, but they had it only available on a tomtom unit they sell, or in the books. that's it. They might've seen the light since then.

Check poifactory first, but many companies have lists of all their locations that you can download. I loaded all the KOA's across the country. That came in handy.

Archived