IGNORED

POLL: What does your butt favor?

StriderWalker

What Does Your Butt Favor?  

561 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

StriderWalker

Since I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an '09 black R1200RT, and having owned an '04 RT with an aftermarket saddle, I thought a poll would be interesting and helpful.

WHAT SEAT DOES YOUR BUTT MOST FAVOR? Take the poll!

I voted for the day long. I have never had one on a bike but I have sat on many and they are pure seat bliss. I have been considering one for the RS but I think the wings may ruin the lines of the RS. I have had the majority of the others. Sargent, Mayer, Corbin and BMW cofort seats (on different models of bikes so a hard comparison). The corbin has been the worst by far, the sargent worked good but my mayer seats have been better.

Any of 'em, so long as they have a Beadrider on.

MKL

-1 on the beadrider. For me, the beadrider becomes an instrument of torture after a short while.

I have been sitting on the same RDL for the last 180k miles. My 1100RT is for me, the second most comfortable place on earth. I had Russel rebuild the seat and add heat at about 150k. I had worn a hole through the leather under my right cheek. I wouldn't consider replacing it with any other seat. Spendy, but worth every dime I paid for it. It is wide at the front, and I can't flat foot when stopped. That has not been a problem for me.

Jerry Johnston

Your going to get a variety of answers because many of us couldn't afford to try all of the listed models and have settled on the 1st one better than stock. I've used Corbin for 12 years (2 bikes) but find sometimes it's even more comfortable with a sheep skin installed.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

I voted for the Rick Meyer, which I really like on both my R12RT and KLR-650. I weigh 175, and I think weight has a lot ot do with which one you pick. Over 200 lbs, and I would definitly get the RDL.

Had a Corbin, really BAD. Had the stock seat, not as bad as Corbin but not good. Had a Day Long, okay, but not great. Now have a Cee Bailey and it is fantastic. Long story though as to how I got the seat new.

Fightingpiper

I have a Bill "Rocky" Mayer and have been mostly pleased. If I had to do again I would get a russel for the fact that I am a big guy at 300lbs and any foam seat will not support that weight. I got the comfort I needed by adding a sit pad from REI. Best $20 bucks and cheapest farkle I have on the bike. Its 10% the cost of a airhawk with 95% the added comfort.

085f373d-f346-464f-bde5-69648bf55c03.jpg

My butt is good for 2-300 miles with the OEM seat without much of a break. I often don't ride much longer than that without a break, so OEM is fine for me.

I have found the Corbin to be much more comfortable that the stock seat, so I voted for Corbin. BUT I haven't tried any others. Would like to try an RDL some day.

I have found the Corbin to be much more comfortable that the stock seat, so I voted for Corbin. BUT I haven't tried any others. Would like to try an RDL some day.

Same with me, a new seat will be in the works soon....

RDL.

Countless long rides, including a 4 day coast to coast, with no saddle soreness to speak of. Fantastic place to sit while watching the world pass by :thumbsup:

06 r1200rt stock seat with bead rider, it firmed the seat up just right and can ride all day. Simple fix with not much bling spent. Works for this 170 lb. body.

+1 for Rich's Custom Seats. Among other things, I did one 6000 mile trip, and my butt was ready to keep going. If it were up to my butt, I would've added Alaska.

+1 for Bead Rider. I use that for those really hot all day rides. No wet spongy mess in the rain either with one of those.

Dave in Doodah

I have a Day Long because it came on my bike, and i have a Corbin on my older boxer that I also liked, although it's a totally different experience - more narrow and much more firm.

russell_bynum

I had a BMW Comfort seat on my R1100RT. I shimmed the front up a bit ("Seat Jacks"), adopted the Master Yoda Riding Position, and that was good enough for 16-18-hour days in the saddle with no problems.

I've got Bill Mayer seats on both my bikes and I'm pretty happy with them. But the RT came with one when I bought, and a heavy influence on the choice for the V-Strom was that BMS was close enough for me to do a ride-in easily.

Always had stock seats. Countless long rides and lots of very long trips. I have never had any problems with them.

Even with the BMW torture devices...,umm.. err ....I meant stock seats....

Archived