IGNORED

Anyone use a Garmin 7200 on there bike?

cali_beemer

Dave in Doodah

After looking at the various m/c-specific GPS out there, and reviewing many excellent posts on this forum, I just picked up a Nuvi 775t (comes preloaded with all North American and European maps, and has an audio out jack). I wanted something I could use for a 6-month business trip to Germany, and could also use with the car and the bike at home. Sure it's big, and it does not have the full trip-planning capabilities of the Zumo, but it has enough multi-point routing features for me. When I get to Torrey in the fall, by way of many good riding roads, then it has done it's intended job.

Long story short - do a search of these forums and you will get plenty of experience and opinions to help you make your decision.

Edit: Wow - I just looked at the 7200 again - that IS huge.

It's too big for my tastes...

Side note: I love my 775t. And surprisingly, the maps are actually even better in Europe than here (at least in terms of details like speed limits and lane assist in Germany and Austria.) Considering Tomtom is supposed to have better European coverage, I'm not sure my experience supports that "conventional wisdom."

Traffic has been hit or miss though.

I'm not going to use it on the bike though. I'll stick to my 2730 there.

I was thinking of the 7200 becasue it has alot of capability and most of all can accept a GXM-30. I have come across one used at a very handsom price. The size is the big drawback.......I was more curious if anyone has mounted one before. It may be too big. The 2.2inch depth is very hard to overcome..........

Well, I emailed the seller to arrange to view it. I work in a machine shop and I design in 3-D so I may look into custom mounting it in a billet aluminum case. It may look good on the triple tree of the RS. It would be more of a project and not installed for a while.

Archived