IGNORED

Good deal on Michelin tires

Swag

seems they run great deals quite a bit. I've been buying the original pilot roads for the last two years they sell them for about $220 shipped when they have a sale. I try to keep a spare set in the garage.

That $268 price for a set of 1150 tires is a great deal and free freight......Yesterday we put on a set of PR2's on Kathy's 1150RT from Cal Coast in Ventura...Paid about $325, tax included, mounted free (we took them the dismounted wheels) and no recycle fee..They balance the front wheel but can't do the rear with their equipment..That's $20 cheaper than we paid for the same set last June ...When I asked why they said that Michelin lowered their prices the first of the year...

Prices going DOWN? :S....Hard to believe :grin:.....

Just checked Motorcycle Superstore Motorcycle Superstore and I'm coming up with a price $24 less for a set for my RT (includes free shipping).
Motorcycle supper store,,F 139.99,,R 151.99 =$292.98,,How is that $24 less then $268 ???Must be that new math :rofl:
Just checked Motorcycle Superstore Motorcycle Superstore and I'm coming up with a price $24 less for a set for my RT (includes free shipping).
Motorcycle supper store,,F 139.99,,R 151.99 =$292.98,,How is that $24 less then $268 ???Must be that new math :rofl:

Maybe we use different sizes, I don't know. Here's what I come up with for my 06 RT:

Front: Size - 120/70ZR-17 $118.99

Rear: Size - 180/55ZR-17 $125.99

Total = $244.98 (free shipping)

268 - 244 = $24 difference

Hold on, hold on, I just went back and checked and they snuck a rear Pilot Road (NOT PR2) in on that. The PR2 is 151.99 which takes the total to 270. Nevermind.

And if you get the 180/55ZR-17 B, which is specifically for an R1200RT, the rear tire is actually 178.99.

I'm not sure if the "B" designation is all that important, and if it is, then comparing prices may be an oranges to tangerines issue!

And if you get the 180/55ZR-17 B, which is specifically for an R1200RT, the rear tire is actually 178.99.

I'm not sure if the "B" designation is all that important, and if it is, then comparing prices may be an oranges to tangerines issue!

Yes but the price holds for both sites. I too don't know how important the B designation is. Continental had a similar thing and I tried both. I personally couldn't tell the difference, but I probably ride like a retiree in a scooter chair compared to some of these guys.

Here's a thread I ran re: Michelin tires and the "B" tire.

LINKY

Thanks Phil. I missed that over in the K forum. By the way, I've never seen you type "HOLY TOLEDO BATMAN" in any other threads. :rofl: I take that as an endorsement. :grin:

Steve Kolenda

Just got home and looked at my invoice from the Motorcycle Superstore and it is $264.98 not $244.00 as I stated in an earlier post. I should not trust my memory. Sorry for any confusion.

Steve

Archived