IGNORED

Pulled theTrigger on a New Seat

Exploreinman

I've been researching for a while, and today I shipped off my seat to Bill Mayer today for a custom saddle for my '05RT! After several conversations with owners of Bill Mayer saddles and a conversation with Bill himself, I made the committment. I've heard about the improvement of a custom made saddle for years, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a difference they make in rider comfort.

Sounds like a good choice, though your RT will likely be very uncomfortable to ride while your seat is off getting redone. :)

How did they know what to do with the seat? Did you take measurements, or what? Are you going to be able to retain the heat option using the switch on the bars?

Let us know how it works out.

Jay

Sounds like a good choice, though your RT will likely be very uncomfortable to ride while your seat is off getting redone. :)

How did they know what to do with the seat? Did you take measurements, or what? Are you going to be able to retain the heat option using the switch on the bars?

Let us know how it works out.

Jay

Mayer requires you to provide your height, weight, and inseam as well as a couple of pictures of the customer on the bike.

Mayer requires you to provide your height, weight, and inseam as well as a couple of pictures of the customer on the bike.

He also requires that you inform him of what you like and don't like about your stock saddle. He also wants to know the mileage that you ride on an average day. I also took the time to give him my riding style. Now that we're in the dead of winter, the turn around time for a saddle isn't bad, probably within a week of when they receive it from me it'll be shipped back.

You can retain the heated seat option as well.

Archived