IGNORED

NEW!! Zumo 220

skyskier

No mp3 player and no XM radio make it a no go for me. I dont need a fancy GPS but I want the music capabilities. Other than a battery backup, what does this get you over a waterproof Nuvi?

What I've been looking for is a suitable replacement for the GPSMAP 276/376/478 series GPSs from Garmin. Guess that's not going to happen now that they've all been discontinued. I still prefer my 276C to what's out there now.

No mp3 player and no XM radio make it a no go for me. I dont need a fancy GPS but I want the music capabilities. Other than a battery backup, what does this get you over a waterproof Nuvi?

The planning a route (using waypoints) feature for one.

My guess would be that shortly after they are out you will be able to get them for around $400. They list the 660 for $800, I got mine from J&R for $600.

What I've been looking for is a suitable replacement for the GPSMAP 276/376/478 series GPSs from Garmin. Guess that's not going to happen now that they've all been discontinued. I still prefer my 276C to what's out there now.

Nope, they still sell the 276C as well as the other X76 units. Check here

I agree about the 276c being a great unit. That's why they still sell it when many others have been done away with. It is much more powerful from a navigation perspective but a little less user friendly and not glove friendly but a great unit. I still use mine a lot, especially on my dirt bikes.

Rats! Only a 3.5" screen. They would have a winner at 4.3"!! I'll stay with my 4.3" Nuvi which has served me well for years, even in the rain! The difference between mine and the 660 is the cost of a custom Russell seat and a 10 cent ziplock bag.

Rats! Only a 3.5" screen. They would have a winner at 4.3"!! I'll stay with my 4.3" Nuvi which has served me well for years, even in the rain! The difference between mine and the 660 is the cost of a custom Russell seat and a 10 cent ziplock bag.

Depending on which Nuvi, the X76 has a higher resolution screen and it can be viewed easily in direct sunlight.

I compared the specs of the Z220 and the N500 on the Garmin site and the only difference I saw was that the Zumo has lane assist and included a motorcycle mount (a $25 item). Other than that they are exactly the same.

Hardly seems like worth the $300 difference.

I have the 200w and I can see it clearly with the sun over my shoulder and sunglasses on. Great display. Haven't seen the GPSMAP series so I don't know if it is brighter.

Archived